Halloween 2017 pt 2

I know... It's almost Christmas. Life has been crazy busy! On that note, I'm sorry for the hiatus and because life is the way it is currently... I won't be doing anymore holiday chapter specials for this story. Because at this point that is all I would be doing and planning for.... so yeah. Enjoy some Halloween in December! :D

~~~~~~

"Okay... I will admit it. This wasn't as bad as I thought it would be." Mettaton stated as he wondered around the spooky attraction behind you while you stared straight ahead at an immobile Freddy suit that had a light set up in the head. The thing looked just like the one from your childhood that you had encountered during your test of courage... only it wasn't the same thing. This one looked like it had been cleaned up before they had decided to position it on the wall with lights to freak out anyone walking by and the hand was still there. The one that had attacked you had one of its arms ripped off by the Mettabae when it wouldn't let you go. Then again, there was probably lots of spare parts. The new owners of these relics could have just had it replaced.

Somehow that was more unsettling than the fact that someone was trying to make money off of the horrible tragedies that had occurred. Probably because you knew that the kids killed hadn't passed on. Their SOULs had taken to possessing the animatronic characters and you didn't know why. If someone had taken the machines just to prop them up on display...

Okay, if you continued that line of thought you were going to be sick.

"See? I told ya! You didn't have anything to worry about." Undyne bellowed out from behind and you somehow managed to not jump out of your skin at the sudden outburst. You were really impressing yourself on your reflexes today. Normally, you would have launched yourself into Mettaton's arms already.

Giving the fish monster an annoyed sidelong look, you turned back to the Freddy suit as the clicking of Mettaton's heels grew closer behind you. "What have you found, sweetheart?"

"Looks like a bear... GAH... what was that one's name..." Undyne's voice trailed off in thought but Mettaton was quick to reply.

"Freddy." You watched as his one visible eye trailed down the propped up animatronic to where the missing hand should be. "The one that the franchise is named after."

"I still can't believe that people went to this place. SERIOUSLY! That thing is creepy!" Undyne came up on your side that Mettaton wasn't on and gestured to the Freddy suit. "How did kids even like them?"

You caught her extended arm and tapped it with your fingers indigently to get her attention before signing. "Hey, hey. Do not diss the Fazbear crew. They were loved in the hearts of children around the world for a small bit. To us, this was state of the art technology. There has yet been ANYONE to make a proper animatronic." Before you even dropped your hands, you realized just who you were standing with in the middle of a fake haunted pizzeria attraction. The girlfriend of a scientific monster genius who specialized in robotics and your monster boyfriend whose android-like body was made by said monster girlfriend. Well, now you felt kind of stupid. Their gazes confirmed your own thoughts as you huffed out air and clarified. "Human. There has yet been any HUMAN to make a proper animatronic since."

Taking this opportunity, you turned back to look at the Freddy suit. Standing on your tip toes to try and see inside the mouth. Maybe it was just an empty suit with no endoskeleton? There had been a few pieces in the spare parts room from the brief recollection you had during your panic filled visit. If it was just the costume, then maybe it wouldn't be so bad? You placed your hands on the suit's shoulders and heaved yourself up while placing your feet on the back wall. Your head now level with the immobile animatronic's mouth. Now if only you could have Undyne or Mettaton do something about the light-