"Again, yes."

"Where are we going?" The one question I hadn't asked yet. 

"We're going to see an old friend of mine." Was Nick's only response. 

-

A half hour later we arrived at a bleak looking building. Grey stone walls and graffitti greeted us against the dying sun as we climbed out of the car. 

"You're friend lives here?" I ask, skepticism lining my voice. 

"Yep." Ncik replied, walking towards the faded, blue steel door.

Yanking it open, he holds it open for me and I walk into the space. A small dripping sound echos through the building and it fills the otherwise silent cavern. 

"Jones! Come out, come out, wherever you are!" Nick called.

Immeadiately I heard a handful of weapons click, but Nick only smiled. 

"Jones, face me like a man you ass." Nick said.

Nearly silent footsteps crept up behind us, and Nick didn't flinch as a hand grabbed him by the shoulder.  He took the hand and folded it back, twisting the arm of the person it was atached to and sending him back. I'd barely seen Nick use his arms in a physical fight, he always had a gun on him. 

Nick twirled and pushed the figure back, sending him to the floor. The man that the hand and arm belonged to grunted as he fell to the floor, Nick's foot on his chest. 

"You should know better by now, Jones. I always win."

"Yeah, yeah. Piss off." The other nam muttered. Nick held out his hand and he took it, hauling himself back up. "At ease." 

All at once I heard safeties click back and the shuffle of weapons being taken down from whatever position they were in.

"What do you want King?" A gruff voice asks. 

That's when I turn and see the man before me. Intimidating, yes, but not scary. A lean body with a pistol strapped to his legand and a beard covering the lower part of his face with sparkling black eyes switched between Nick and I.

"I came to ask a favor."

-

"You are insane!" Jason cried, slamming his hand down on the desk in front of him. "You cannot possibly want to use my men to sneak into Caden Lrost's lair!" 

"Jason, calm down-" Nick started.

"Do not tell me to calm down! Asking me to supply the weapons is one thing, but my men?!" He scoffed. "That's pushing it. Even for you." 

"Rach wouldn't have to go, you'd get to choose."

"Just because you're giving me a choice doesn't make this any less crazy!" 

"Think of what Ace has done for you!" Nick yelled back. "He practically saved your ass!"

"He also got me into trouble." Jason hissd.

"Listen," Nick said quietly, "I know I'm asking you to make a diffcult decision, but we need the help. Please." 

Silece fell over the room as Jason contemplated Nick's offer. Time seemed to stretch before Jason said, "I'll think about it and talk to my men. We'll be in touch in two days."

"Thank you." Nick said back. He turned to me and nodded. 

"Calsy," Jason called after me, and I turned. "Good luck."

I managed a small smile and walked out without another word.

-

When I climbed back into the car I let out a sigh.

"What's wrong?" Nick asked.

"How are we going to do this Nick? It's nearly impossible." 

"With this family, nothing's impossible." 

"I should know that by now though right?" I huff and a smile starts to spread across my face.

"I'd be offended if you still thought of us as normal." Nick chuckled.

A small buzz sounded through his pocket and he took out his phone and sighed. 

"I need to head back and give a report. I'll drop you off at your house on the way." Nick told me and pulled out, away from the sone structure.

-

"Is there anything else I can do?" I ask for the third time. My house was coming up fast and I wanted to stall going back.

"Caalsy, like I've said before, you've done enough. Rest, I'll call you when it's time." 

I shook my head and got out, waving as I reached the front door, a headache forming like a band around my head. 

The headache didn't go away even when the hot water from my shower hit me and my muscles relaxed, or when I lied in bed. 

It only got worse from there.