Chapter 29

I must be dead. Everything around me was warm and soft, very unlike what I'd felt like for a passage of time. I heard a faint beep to my left and a slow machine noise to my right. My eyelids were closed and I found it a struggle to open them, but when I did all I saw was white. White walls and pictures and lights. 

I wasn't alone. A samll body was curled up next to me. Mason? No, the shape was too feminine. 

"Mom?" I whisper. 

She jumped out of her fragile sleep an rushed to my side. "Oh baby, my sweetheart." Tears were startignto fall. "Oh, honey are you alright?" 

Someone had asked me the same question, but the memory was too blurry to recall. 

"Where am I?" 

She looked down at her shoes, hesitating to answer. My mother opened her mouth to speak but the door creaked and in walked the same dark skinned man from before, Sebastion. 

"How are we feeling Ms. Bringer?" 

"Like shit." I answered, ingorning my mother's raised eyebrow. 

Sebastion chuckled and grabbed a clipboard from the foot of my bed. "Would you like the good news, or bad news first?" 

"Bad news please." 

"The injuries you sustained were very severe. Most paitents don't survive. But you it seems, are a fighter." 

My mother and I looked at each other. 

"The good news is, we got to you just in time. Any longer spent without treatment, and you would've died." 

A small miracle. "Can you tell me what happened? I'm a bit fuzzy on the whole thing." I ask.

"Unforutnetly I have been forbidden to give that information out." Sebastion sighed. 

"Bullshit." I said. 

He gave me a look. "I'm sorry. I can't disobey orders-" Sebastion didn't get a chance to finish as I leaped for him. The tubes and wires strapped to me tore off and some of the bandages too, pain was distant, though I could still feel it. Sebastion called for someone and soon nurses swarmed me before I could reach him. 

They pushed me back onto the bed, quickly bringing up my shirt, trying to keep the bandages on and to make sure I hadn't split the gashes already healing. I finally aknowledged the pain ripping through my stomach and I clenched my teeth to keep from screaming out. 

"Why," I said through my teeth, "Did I feel a needle through my neck when I got out?" 

"You weren't listening. We couldn't have you going inside and hurting yourself further. So," Sebastion shrugged, "we sedated you."