Chapter 6

I gaped at him. This was his house? Mason Shade, the asshole, lives in this beautiful house? Holy shit. 

He raised an eyebrow, "Well, are you coming?" 

I dumbly nodded and opened the passenger door. Though we had past most of it, the flora and trees still stood tall at the entrance of the house. Mason walked in front of me, almost seemingly reluctant to go into the house. To even be here for that matter. Just as we passed the fountain stationed in the middle of the yard, a voice floated through the air "Ace? Is that you?" The southern drawl was unexpected and I blinked. 

Mason sighed as he looked toward the location of the voice, a woman stood in the doorway in shorts and a blue shirt. Her blonde hair was cut into a bob and her hands were on her hips. No similarities were shared between Mason and whoever this was. Did she call him Ace? 

"Olivia. Always a pleasure." He climbed the stairs and hugged the woman, and then she turned to look at me. "You must be Calsy." Olivia said, I nodded and smiled. She looked back at Mason and continued, "You're looking good Ace. Been going to The Ring?" 

"You know I gotta keep active to keep the old man off my back." 

She smirked, "Don't let him hear you say that. He's grumpy today." Olivia turned back to me, "Are you hungry sweetheart? I just finished some biscuits, Jo should be glazing them now." Without waiting for a reply she took my hand and dragged me into the house. 

The foyer was huge. A chandelier dangled above me with thousands of little crystals sparkling in the warm yellow light that came out of the lights in the ceiling. Twin staircases grew up to the shared second level, and a small table with a bouquet of flowers rested in the middle of the hall. Before I can ogle anymore I'm pulled into the largest kitchen I've ever seen. Cream marble countertops and two ovens. A four door fridge takes up the left wall next to the stove. 

The island is covered in pans with buns on them, half of them with a sheen of glaze on top. A small woman stands next to them a bowl in one hand and brush in the other. She looked up, a piece of dark hair falling from her bun and smiled, putting the bowl and brush down she walked over and grabbed Mason into an embrace, and he had to bend over to reach her. 

"Hey Jo, it's nice to see you." Mason said, after they had pulled away. Jo noticed me and curtsied. Actually curtsied. "It's okay Jo. She's not that important." Mason says from behind me. 

I shoot him a glare, but before I can tell him off another voice enters through the halls. 

"Jo! Are you and Olivia making those buns again? Don't lie to me I can smell 'em..." A guy with short blonde hair stops and takes me in. I have to fight a blush as he looks me up and down, he smirks and stalks over. "Nicholas King." He says and takes my hands and kisses it. 

"Calsy Bringer." I say, assessing the boy before me. He smiles a feline smile and a shiver goes up my spine.

"My cousin, ever the ladies man." Mason says.