Chapter 15

It felt like I'd been in this car for hours, the bag over my head made time spin out of control. The car rarely stopped and the only thing I could hear was the crunch of gravel under the tires. Dizziness was beginning to set in and my head was starting to hurt. Before I could yell for someone to let me out, the car stopped. 

The sudden stop made me hit my head on the window and I groaned. A door closed and mine opened up and rough hands gripped my arm and pulled me out of the car. My feet hit the ground hard and my knees almost buckled but the large hands at my bicep held me tight. 

I was made to walk forward and nearly tripped, but again the grasp stopped me from hitting the gound. Dirt crunched beneath my feet, and I could see small lines of sunlight through the cloth of my hood. When at last we stopped walking a key slid into a lock and a heavy metal door opened, and I was led inside. 

It was hot inside as it was outside. The hands pulled me to a stop and pushed me into a chair. The cold metal bit into my wrists when they pulled them back, and tied them together. My ankels were soon also tied and the rope chafed against my skin when I struggled against them. A low chuckle to my right,

"It's no use." Then, "Take it off." 

Blinding light hit my eyes and I blinked and squinted. Men's shapes lined what I could see of the concrete walls in fron of me. A figure stepped into the light but I couldn't see his face. He but his arms behind him and started to examine me like I was some sort of animal. He turned his head to someone behind me. 

"This is her?" He looked back at me, "Not much to look at." 

I spit at him and he grabbed my chin forcing me to look at him. "That wasn't very nice." He clicked his tounge, "Now I see why he likes you." 

"Look I have no idea what's going on. I don't know who 'he' is, and I sure as hell don't know what you want from me." I spat. 

"Hush now. Your voice is distasteful." He pulled back and put his hands behind him. "Tape her." 

I looked back, stunned to see more men behind me, but hands found my head and kept it forward. I thrashed and kicked when they tried to put tape over my mouth. Fortunately for them my legs were tied, unfortunately for me because of that, they sealed the tape over my mouth. 

The man looked back at me and cocked his head to the side. "We'll see how much she's really worth to them." He turned back and started, "Let me know if-" He didn't get a chance to finish when the door I must've come through burst open and a boy about my age carrying a machine gun stalked through. 

His dark, unruly curly hair flopped as he shot through two of the men standing in front of him. Their bodies fell to the ground with hard thumps but curly didn't bat an eye, just kept shooting. The men behind me must've pulled out their own guns, bullets were flying in both directions. 

And I was in the middle of it. 

I tried to duck down, or at least get my head out of the way, but my bound hands made it nearly impossible. I couldn't scream, the tape still sat tightly on my face. I squirmed and grunted but to avail. What is this the second gun fight I've been in, in less than a week?