𝐛. 𝐛𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐬 ⎰human

(*) MEANS THESE THINGS CAN BE CHANGED 

TITLE: Human*
TV SHOW/FILM FRANCHISE: Marvel
SEASON/MOVIE/AU: 𝐀𝐔
LOVE INTEREST(S): Bucky Barnes
FACECLAIM(S): Nathalie Emmanuel*
STATUS: Available

― TITLE: Human* — TV SHOW/FILM FRANCHISE: Marvel— SEASON/MOVIE/AU: 𝐀𝐔 — LOVE INTEREST(S): Bucky Barnes— FACECLAIM(S): Nathalie Emmanuel*— STATUS: Available

DESCRIPTION:  ❝ 𝘐 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘣𝘰𝘥𝘺. 𝘐 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦. 𝘐𝘵'𝘴 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘮𝘦, 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘺.❞   |    ❝ 𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘦. 𝘗𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦.❞

┍━━━━━━━━┑
Delilah
┕━━━━━━━━┙

NUMBER SEVEN WAS NOTHING more than an experiment. She didn't remember anything beyond the small compound where she was bred. She didn't remember the feel of the sun on her face or the feeling of running free in the street. To her, the small empty room with nothing but a bed and two meals a day was home. She'd been there for all the time that she could remember.

          She was sure that she had a home away from it but the word itself was unfamiliar to her. Home. It implied a family, people who cared about her and place that she felt safe. She'd never known safety or much less love. Her daily routine consisted of completing the training exercises that always involved being asked questions of the world beyond and every time her answer was the same. She remembered nothing.

          She didn't know much about her purpose but she was sure that she had one. She knew that she was named Seven because One through Six were failures and she was considered promising. It always filled her with joy whenever she thought about it. She was the lucky one; she was the one who served a purpose. She wasn't sure what they were breeding her for but all she knew was that a war was coming. They would need perfect soldiers to succeed and that was why she was needed. It was why they pumped drugs and strange liquids into her everyday and studied her.

        It wasn't until she was brought into a room filled with scientists and a broken non-compliant man that she knew what exactly was expected of her. Every experiment had been to make her whole; they'd given her an ability. A control over memories. She could see into the man's head with a touch and the things that she saw bright tears to her eyes. A man who'd had a family once, a life outside of all of this. He'd been drawn into a war that he'd never asked for and he was being forced to sacrifice his humanity for it.

          She could see memories but she could also control them. She could alter his memories into whatever she wanted and she could trade them for hers. She'd started off with that. She'd taken a simple memory of the man and his friend at a place called Coney Island and traded it with one of hers. When she'd tried to go beyond the wall and she was caught and branded.

          She shouldn't have felt any guilt about it; she was simply doing what she was asked but the way that the man had trembled and shed tears was stuck in her memories. She was supposed to spend time with him and take her time altering his memories before he became the perfect soldier. Compliant and agreeable. The two were forced to spend time together as she couldn't change too many of his memories at once, otherwise he'd be useless again. And so the man who'd lost everything and a woman who'd never had anything to begin with became allies in a war for their humanity.

NOTES.⎱
― This is high key super dark but I've had it mind for a long time before I was able to write it down. This is a platonic ship as they are not in the position to fall in love. She doesn't even know what love is and he is being broken so don't do it. This is written because a lot of people have Bucky Post-Winter Soldier fics and while it's great cause he deserves love but I don't think he's in the right state of mind to fall in love. This story should be about healing.

It can be two parts. So the first part would be when Bucky is first unfrozen. She was kidnaped and brainwashed and completely wiped off so she doesn't remember anything. And Hydra is looking for an easy way that needs less technology ig to make people compliant so they create her to use their memories to make them compliant. She doesn't really see anything wrong with her position, likes victims of abuse, she thinks it's normal and she's a bit naive. So, when Bucky is brought in, they assign her to get to know him and slowly change all his memories so he's like her and he doesn't see anything wrong with it.

Bucky gives her the name Delilah because he thinks that everybody deserves a name. They grow closer and even he doesn't trust her at first, as she's slowly wiping his memories and they spend time together, they grow closer. Also keep in mind that he will progressively change through this because he's losing his memories and himself. But then when he's almost completely lost, she tries to escape with him but they are caught and they wipe both their memories and keep her frozen until she's useful.

So after CA:CW, instead of resetting it. They try again but this time, they don't remember each other but they know that the other person seems familiar and they slowly regain their memories. And when Bucky escapes finally, she leaves with him but she dies to save him in the process. Try not to make the first and second part too similar. Also this should be pretty short. This is so important and I might be a little strict with this.

Her powers are inspired by Veronica Roth's story, "Carve The Mark." You can just look it up.