Trust Issues (Chapter 40 Part I)

Start from the beginning

"Better be glad I love you." He mumbled as he loosely wrapped his large pinky around mine. I wrapped my arms around his torso and kissed his chest. "Go pack a bag, Imma get Li."

While I packed up some clothes for Aaliyah and I, Trayveon cleaned up the mess in the nursery. I tried so hard to fight back tears as I gathered our belongings. My mind was blown and I was honestly in disbelief.

So many questions were running through my mind. Out of all the things to destroy, why my son's room? What possessed them to even do this? How did they even know where I lived? Are Aaliyah and I safe? Would my son be safe when he arrived? I shook all of the negative thoughts and questions out of my head and focused on getting the hell out of here. I didn't feel safe.

After leaving my house, we stopped by the store to get groceries so I could cook dinner. Once we picked up what we needed from the store, we drove to Trayveon's.

"Mama, I'm hungry." Li announced from the backseat as we pulled into the gate of his building.

"I'll make you a sandwich or something until dinner is ready." I replied. Just as I was taking off my seatbelt, my phone rang. I looked down at the screen seeing that Jerome was trying to FaceTime me. I simply handed my phone to Aaliyah and her face lit up with excitement. He should've just called her phone.

"Hi Daddy!" She grinned. "You really called." She said making my heart skip a beat at the fact that she was expecting Jerome not to call or make contact once he left. This poor baby's head was all messed up.

"Hi Princess, what you doing?" He asked. She began talking a mile a minute and I tuned out their conversation because I knew it would be a while before I got my phone back.

I allowed her to talk to her Daddy while I got a start on dinner. I'd stolen Trayveon's phone and was blasting music as I cooked. Toward the end of Aaliyah's conversation with her Dad, Jerome asked to speak with me. I didn't mind because I needed to talk to him anyway to tell him about what happened.

"Why you got my baby at that nigga's house like she belong there?" Was the first thing to come out of his mouth.

"You be so worried about all the wrong shit." I sighed, shaking my head. "I'm staying with him because Brandy and ya lil friend Snake broke into my house and destroyed my baby's nursery." I informed him. Instantly his facial expression changed and I could see the fire in his eyes.

"Huh? What you mean?" He asked, raising his voice. He was pissed and I could tell. "I know muthafuckas is stupid but they ain't that damn stupid." He scoffed.

"Hold on." I put him on pause before sending him the pictures I'd taken of the room and of the security footage. I could tell when he got the pictures and looked at them because of his response.

"I'm on my way home." He said before he ended the call. I immediately called him back and I could see the anger on his face.

"Jerome do-"

"I'm trying to find a flight, I'll call you back later." He said quickly before hanging up the phone again.

I huffed as I dialed his number again. "Stop hanging up on me!" I snapped, as soon as he answered the phone.

"Well stop calling me. I'm tryna get home." He snapped back at me.

"Who the fuck you talking to?" I yelled.

"My bad." He sighed as he ran his hand down his face.

"Don't come home, handle your business up there. Think about what you're doing and who you're doing it for. Focus on securing a future for Aaliyah and our son. I don't need you to come home and do anything that'll take you away from your kids." I said calmly.