Morning hangover

Chapter 3

Bella's POV

The breeze is blowing my light brown waves out of my face, showing my hazel eyes that are gleaming because of the sunlight hitting the highest points of my face, illuminating me. My plumpy lips curve into a small smile, but I'm not sure what I'm smiling at. That's until I see him.

My eyes trail down him in admiration starting from his dark coal hair, moving to the brightest blue pools and longest eyelashes making me instantly jealous. As my eyes scan further down to his full lips, I stop for a second longer, imagining my lips on his and how soft they must feel against my own.

A light blush appears on my cheeks when I see him staring back at me with the same hungry look in his eyes. A shy giggle escapes my mouth, I instantly lower my head down, my hair falling into my face. Then the most unexpected thing happens. His hand is placed under my chin, raising it back to where it was.

"Bella, I... love y-"

"Don't say it." I cut him off.

He laughs, his eyes not leaving mine and all I want to do is lean in and steal a kiss from him. "You're adorable, you know that, right?"

I can't help but smile at his statement. The proximity between us is pulsing electricity through my whole body, sending shivers to the bottom of my core. Both of us are leaning in closer and closer, bit by bit. It's like we're starving for one another but taking it slow as the anticipation keeps building.

The heavy breathing of our neediness keeps bringing us closer together by centimetres, until our foreheads are leaning against each other. Inhaling his scent through my nostrils like it's the first time being so close to him, our lips crash together making the butterflies in my stomach roam around hectically like the breeze in my hair.

Our lips moving in sync like a beautiful melody to a classical ballad, hands tangled in each others hair like our life depended on it, like if we didn't close the tiniest space between us, the wind would separate us from each other.

Not getting enough of his touch that's making me melt like the purest gold, I deepen the kiss without hesitation, stroking the bottom of his lip with my tongue slowly slipping it into his mouth, desperately wanting to get a better taste of him.

When we both pull away at the same time, breathing heavily like we've ran a marathon, our eyes lock and it seems as though the time has stopped and the only ones left in the world are us. "I love you." he confesses.

The words lingering in my eardrums for longer than they should, I smile. It's like all the uncontrollable emotions I've been feeling for him have just been controlled by the three single words coming out from his mouth. The butterflies and the shivers in my core have calmed down.

With his eyes still peering into my own, I feel the need to say it back and I want to but it seems as though I'm frozen in one spot and can't get the words out of my mouth, as though I've been waiting to hear those three words my whole life and now I'm in awe and I've never been more satisfied.

"I can't imagine if anything ever happened to you, Bella." he whispers close to my ear, "I don't know what I'd do... without you."

I bring my hand up to his cheek to stroke it, not breaking the eye contest, "Hey, I love you. Don't think about such things." I manage to confess as well, still cupping his cheek.

"Bella, I... I think I'd kill myself if something happened to you-"

My eyes flutter open really slowly, hands going against the sunlight peaking through the window, "Waa-er" I mumble to myself because when I open my eyes fully, there's no one else here. My voice is really hoarse, probably from the painful hangover I currently have.