15

When the prosthetics doctor came into the room to take measurements of Shiro's arm and his right shoulder, Keith walked out of the room. After they apologized to each other, Shiro started asking questions about Lance and Keith told Shiro as much as he dared, wanting to distract his brother but also not wanting to remind him of his and Adam's relationship. He smiled at the fact that he'd actually managed to make Shiro laugh lightly and he went to look for Lance. He eventually found him in the little hospital cafeteria, just sitting at a table. He didn't have any food, he just sat there.

"Hey." Keith said as he sat across from his boyfriend and Lance looked up.

"How is he?" He asked quietly and Keith sighed. Other than the news that Adam had died, Shiro was doing pretty well. He didn't even seem that upset about having lost an arm. He probably just hadn't had enough time to let it sink in yet.

"He's been better, but he'll get through it. He always does." Keith explains before pulling out his phone.

"I should probably call my parents. I don't think they've been informed yet." Keith quickly dialled their number. After the phone rang 3 times, a voice spoke into the receiver.

"Keith? You never call, is everything alright?" It was his dad. Keith sighed shakily.

"No actually. There was a car accident. Shiro is in the Peace Arch hospital and... Adam didn't make it. I just thought you guys might want to come down here to see him." Keith explained and he could hear a faint "oh god" in the background.

"We're on our way." His dad said before hanging up. Keith placed his phone on the table and exhaled sharply. Best Christmas ever... Lance reached across the table and grabbed Keith's hand.

"How are you doing?" He said now focused on making sure his boyfriend was alright. Keith just laughed.

"Honestly, I'm tired. What time is it?" He asked and Lance looked at his phone.

"It's 12:45am. Maybe you should get some rest." Lance suggested. Keith looked around.

"Where am I going to sleep? Besides, I should wait for my parents to arrive so I can show them where Shiro is." Keith replied and Lance just rolled his eyes.

"Come on, we'll go wait in the lobby together. You can fall asleep on my shoulder and I'll wake you up when your parents arrive. Okay?" Lance walks around the table and pulls Keith to his feet. Keith sighed but knew there was no convincing Lance otherwise at this point so he just allowed himself to be lead to the lobby and placed in a chair. Lance sat down next to him and pulled Keith as close as possible between the two chairs. He lightly stroked his hands through Keith's hair as he felt Keith nodding off. He smiled to himself and planted a soft kiss on the top of Keith's head before moving to stare at the door. Hopefully he'd be able to just tell that it's Keith's parents when they walk in... or maybe they'll spot Keith with him and walk over.

Lance wasn't sure how long they'd waited but after a while, a couple walked into the hospital, frantically looking around. They spotted Lance sitting with Keith and made their way toward them. The woman looked about 5'4" black hair with a few greys starting to show pulled into a messy bun. She looked exhausted. The man with her was only a little taller and looked just as tired, his black hair almost completely grey at this point. They stopped just in front of the two boys. Lance looked down to Keith and shook him gently.

"Keith... they're here, wake up." He said as he poked at Keith's sides. The smaller boy slowly lifted his head and groggily looked around before spotting his parents. He was suddenly wide awake and standing.

"Oh, you're here. Uh, Shiro's in room 202, just down that hallway." Keith pointed and his dad nodded, already heading in that direction. Keith's mon quickly hugged him before joining her husband.

Should we follow them?" Lance asked hesitantly. Keith looked up at him.

"Let's give them a little time first." Keith mumbled. Lance nodded and followed as Keith walked outside. He needed fresh air. He stepped outside and it was a lot cooler than he'd expected it to be, but he didn't mind. He took a deep breath as he felt Lance's arm slump over his shoulders and pull him closer.

"Merry Christmas." Lance mumbled sarcastically and Keith just smacked him before laughing a little. They sat down on a bench just outside of the hospital and held each other close for a while.

"So," Lance started, "you guys make up yet?" He asked and Keith just smiled.

"Yeah. He even asked for details about us." Keith snuggled more into Lance. Lance raised an eyebrow.

"Oh really? And what did you tell him." Lance smirked as he poked at Keith's sides, making the smaller boy squirm.

"I told him about how you sucked my dick." Keith smirked, getting back at Lance for poking his sides. Lance widened his eyes.

"Please tell me you're joking." Lance pleaded and Keith laughed.

"Of course I'm joking stupid. You really think I'd tell my brother about my sex life? We're not that close." Keith smiled and he felt Lance sigh in relief. They sat in silence for a few minutes before Keith decided he wanted to go see his brother again. Lance held tightly to Keith's hand as the other boy knocked on the door before opening it.

"There enough room for two more?" He asked hesitantly and Shiro smiled.

"Always." He waved them over and they pulled up two more chairs. They all just kind of sat there, awkwardly, while everyone waited for someone to say something. Finally, Keith's mom spoke up.

"So Keith, are you going to introduce us to your friend here?" She asked, a knowing smirk creeping up on her face. He knew she was probably trying to lighten the mood and Lance would need to meet his parents eventually so he took a deep breath and started talking.

"Mom, Dad... this is, uh, my boyfriend Lance." He said and they just smiled. Lance just waved awkwardly and Keith's dad spoke up.

"So, how'd you two meet?" He asked. Keith grumbled. Not this question again.