11

It had been a few days since they'd arrived at Lance's house and today the boys were going out to the mall to get Christmas gifts for everyone. For the first few hours that they were there, Keith helped Lance find gifts for his family. They walked in and out of every store, looking for things for Lance's family members. When they walked into a bed bath and beyond store, the two boys picked out a nice new baking set for his mom. When they went up to pay the cashier gave them a warm smile.

"Find everything you boys need?" She asked kindly and they nodded. She rang the kitchen wear through the till and once the receipt came through, she quickly jotted something down on it before slipping it in the bag with the gift. They smiled and walked out of the store. They sat down on a bench just outside the store and read what she'd written.

For the tall boy:
(778) 549-0713 :)

Lance blushed lightly and looked back in the store where the girl waved at him. Keith frowned, grabbed Lance by the face and kissed him hard before glaring back at the girl. At the sight of the boys kissing, the girl turned bright red and faced palmed at herself. The boys then got up and left that area of the mall. Once they were away from the store, Keith looked up at Lance.

"Why'd you blush?" Keith asked and Lance looked down at him. 'Shit' he thought to himself.

"It's just a thing that happens, Keith. Look, she didn't really seem like my type anyways. I'm not going to leave you Keith. Not like that." Lance said and Keith raised an eyebrow.

"Oh, really? What's your type then? And what do you mean, 'not like that'? You planning on leaving?" Keith sassed and Lance rolled his eyes.

"First off, that's not what I meant when I said that. Secondly, you're my type. Now stop being so dramatic." He kissed Keith on the tip of his nose and Keith looked away, a slight blush making his cheeks feel warm. Lance smirked.

"You're cute when you're flustered. And when you pout." He added on at the end when Keith turned to glare at him. They clasped hands and continued on past all the shops. Eventually they managed to find the rest of the gifts and they went to find themselves some lunch. They walked into the food court and headed towards the A&W that was there. They got a root beer float to share and Lance got a pack of chicken nuggets while Keith got a BLT burger. Whenever Lance wasn't paying attention Keith would steal some of his fries. At one point while he was sticking one in his mouth, Lance turned around and caught him.

"Wait, you've been stealing my fries?!" He all but screeched and the whole food court went silent for a moment as everyone stared at the two. Lance's face turned bright red from embarrassment and Keith just laughed.

"Dude, you gotta learn to be more quiet!" He laughed into his sleeve while Lance swatted at him.

"Whatever..." he grumbled and Keith just smirked and snatched another fry. After they were done eating, they decided to split up so they could buy each other their gifts. Keith walked off in the direction of some of the smaller, less popular stores, hoping maybe he'd find something unexpected. As he wandered through the stores he found a cute and soft blue little whale plushie. Keith smiled to himself, knowing Lance would probably fall in love with it. As he was about to pay for it, he noticed a small key chain that caught his attention. It was a little blue lion's head. It was attached to a silver chain and almost looked robotic. Keith picked it up and added it to his purchase. Hopefully he didn't go too simple...

As Lance looked around, he struggled to figure out what to get his boyfriend. Suddenly he was face to face with a retro music store. He looked around and found a few CD's he thought that Keith would love and went and paid for the music. After that he just wandered around a bit while waiting for the text from Keith saying he was ready to go. As he was walking, he decided to poke his head in a store and noticed something gleaming on a shelf. As he walked over he found a little key chain. It was a red lions head attached to a gold chain. He picked it up and looked at it. Maybe Keith would like it... Lance wound up buying the little key chain and dropped it into the bag of CD's. Soon enough after that, he got a text from Keith saying he got what he needed. They met back at the food court and walked to the car together, hand in hand. The drive back to Lance's place was horrendous. It was rush hour so they were stuck in an endless lineup of traffic. As they sat in the lineup, they rocked out to whatever was playing on the radio. Lance recorded Keith's head banging on his phone, the boy's mullet flying like crazy. Finally they started moving along again and Keith turned the music down a bit as he concentrated on driving again. Lance looked out the window at the desert next to him. Although it was scorching hot and pretty plain, it was kind of pretty in it's own way. He focused his attention back on Keith again and smiled. How did he end up so lucky?