chapter 48

This type of text is normal.

This is thoughts and cinematic records.

This is demonic speech.

This is thoughts and demonic speech.

[This is functions for the start and end of cinematic records.]

                                                                          Zero Butler. Expecting Bride

Sebastian silently skulked through the grounds of the Trancy estate, hidden among the trees as he watched the windows of the mansion. He caught sight of Marianne through one of them, watched her press her hands against her stomach before dressing for the day. His fingers flexed, irritated that he couldn't be by her side, and feel the life forming underneath his hand. She must have caught sight of him, because she blew a single kiss out the window towards him.

Meanwhile, Ciel lay sleeping in Alois's bed.

"Young Master, good morning." Claude said as he placed a tea set down on his bedside.

The boy groaned, opening his eyes, blinking as light streamed through the windows. He glanced to the corner of the room, and saw the demon waiting for him in the shadows.

"I know that smell. Is it Earl Grey?" he asked.

Claude smiled.

"Indeed. My compliments to your excellent nose, Young Master," he said. "This morning, we have an Earl Grey Imperial. It's most excellent, made from the finest leaves available; a true masterpiece. I believe it will be perfect for you."

He moved to assist Ciel out of bed, but Ciel waved him away and got himself upright. The boy looked down at him imperiously, but let him remove the long blue ribbon holding the neckline of his nightshirt together. It slipped down to expose the expanse of his pale shoulder. The rings sat on a nearby table. Claude slipped a white shirt up Ciel's arms.

"Your schedule this afternoon is like a fresh field of virgin snow, blank as an unlined page," he said, as he slipped a pair of black shorts up the boy's legs. "Today, everything shall be as you wish it."

Ciel looked at his reflection, and then caught Claude's eye in the mirror.

"What of Alois? How did he die?" he asked.

Claude got to his feet and clutched a hand to his chest.

"Whatever do you mean? It was your noble sword that struck the blow that felled Alois Trancy!" he proclaimed with glee.

Ciel arched a brow.

"Is that so?"

"Does thinking on it pain you, Master?"

"He died because he was weak. Simple as that." Ciel proclaimed.

Claude's eyes widened at those words. He embraced himself.

Oh, such unwavering confidence! He knelt down behind Ciel. Here is the nobility of one who has subjugated others all his life by rite of birth.

Ciel placed his foot on a footstool, and let Claude let his sock up his leg.

Here are the legs of one unused to walking. The demon buckled it at the calf and moved onto the next leg. So very slender and delicate... Smooth skin... Soft to the touch...

"Blissful."

Sebastian watched silently, placed a hand on a tree beside him, and broke through the trunk with a simple bit of pressure.