chapter 29

This type of text is normal.

This is thoughts and cinematic records.

This is demonic speech.

This is thoughts and demonic speech.

[This is functions for the start and end of cinematic records.]

                                                       Butler, Offering. Bride, In the Belly of the Beast

In the streets of London, sunlight shone down from the sky. A calmness enveloped the city and lingered in the pollen-tainted air. It was a normal day at Undertaker's funeral parlor, dark and cold compared to the warmth outside, and Undertaker was working happily with his corpses and coffins. As he pulled one open and revealed the dead man inside, he smiled widely.

"Well, what a mangled looking corpse this is," he said. "Instead of covering up the wounds, maybe I could accentuate them with pink dye, like the petals of a lovely flower."

He walked over to a basin of water on a nearby table, and dipped his hands into the liquid.

"So much fun, so much fun! What a great job I have!" he laughed.

Undertaker opened up the coffin leaning next to the table.

"Now, let's see... Who do we have next?"

His hidden brow furrowed at the sight before him.

"No. I don't like this one bit. Most unsatisfying."

In the coffin, was Grell, with a vibrant red flower held in his hands over his chest. Undertaker shook his head in irritation.

"Not a single wound anywhere on the body! How pathetic!"

Grell's eyes snapped open at those words, his sharp teeth pulling his mouth into a frown. He snarled and wrapped his black-gloved hands around the mortician's throat.

"Excuse me, but what did you just say?!"

Shaking Undertaker by the neck, his hands only grew tighter.

At the Phantomhive manor, the day had begun, and Marianne was still in her bedroom, tending to her rose. She was curious by how the pure white colour had gradually turned red over the last six months.

 The blood-like stain had almost completely covered the white, but still remained in perfect bloom. Shaking her head with a smile, she turned her gaze to the mirror, and fastened her choker around her neck, the red jewel glowing against the dip of her collar bones. Marianne was already dressed in her butler's uniform, so used her shirt collar to hide the choker.

Just then, Sebastian came into the room without knocking, causing her to jump.

"Sebastian, you startled me!" she cried. "I swear you are trying to make my heart stop."

The demon chuckled.

"Have I not done that already?"

He brushed a light kiss against her cheek. Marianne blushed under his gaze.

"You are such a tease," she said.

Stealing a kiss from her upturned lips, Sebastian smirked devilishly at her.

"Of course, how else am I meant to make your cheeks redden like your rose?" he asked.

She swatted him lightly on the arm as she tucked all her hair beneath her wig.