Chapter 18;

I woke up early today since the professor needs to see me. I was nervous but I was curious of what he has to say to me. I wore something a white t-shirt and a navy blue cardigan, light-wash jeans and some black Converse sneakers.

The walk to his office isn't that long so right now, i'm right in front of the door. I knocked and heard a slight "come in" from which I'm guessing, The professor.

I opened the door and gave a slight bow and he gestured me to sit in front of him. So I did.

"Do you want some tea Clarice?" He asked while pouring some for himself. I just shook my head and he nodded.

"Am I in trouble sir?" I asked.

"What? Of course not! I'm here to discuss about your family. I'm guessing they still do not know about your.. Condition?"

"Yeah, I didn't find the need to tell them."

"But you should, Clary. They are your family. No matter how unruly they are."

"I-I couldn't bring myself t-to do it." I said. By now, my eyes are flooded with tears. I'm trying to fight it back so that I can remain strong and proper.

"Would it help if I told them on behalf of you?" He asked, concerned. I just nodded in response, "What if they want you back?"

That question sounded like a joke to me. Really? My father? Want to take me back? For all I know he hates mutants' guts!

I scoffed, "I highly doubt that."

"Anything can happen Clarice."

"I would stay. And fight for the Mutants' Rights." The professor nodded and released me. I didn't know where to go so I just went back to my dorm, another day of lying around like a dead fish! Yay!

9:45pm

"Calm down! Everything will be fine." Tae Yang said while lying on my bed trying to reassure me.

I kept pacing back and forth in my dorm while biting my nails and mumbling shit I don't even know. I just can't stop thinking about what my father would say. I was snapped out of my thoughts when Tae Yang grabbed hold of my hands and pulled me in the bed with him.

"Yah! Don't do that! I'm thinking!" I said trying to pry myself away from him. Instead, he hugged me tighter and pulled the covers over us.

"Shh, i'm tired." He said while hugging me tighter. I could smell his scent and I just snuggled in his chest.

I whispered, "Thank you." and got myself a kiss on the forehead in return. I just smiled to myself and doze off in his arms.

[edited]