Chapter 7;

I buckled my belt and drove off to the nearest rest stop. The ride was too awkward and silent so I decided to connect my ipod to the car radio. I blasted some BTS, VIXX, B.A.P and some other artists. I was just humming to the songs when Seungri and Daesung started singing loudly to the song. It was really funny because they were pretending to hold microphones and started dancing in their seats. It's funny really, they're so talented I might just mistaken them as korean pop idols if I didn't know they existed as mutants. Their hyungs laughed and sang along too. Thanks to them, the ride to the rest stop wasn't that boring.

"Alright, i'm gonna go get the stuff. Don't get out of the car okay?"

"YES NOONA!" someone yelled, probably Seungri. That kid.

I got out of the car and went in the store to pay the fuel fee and buy the guys some snacks. I got what they asked and went for the check out and left the store. As I entered the car, I was relieved to see all 5 of them seated in their seats. Not that I expect them to escape and run away but who knows?

I started the car and passed the snacks to the back and I drove off to the institute.

8:37pm

The atmosphere was different now. The guys are now quiet. They weren't arguing about anything. So only the replay of the songs earlier kept us company. I figured they were tired so I just let it be.

"You know, we barely know you. But you know EVERYTHING about us." T.O.P said.

"That's not true. I don't know everything about you guys." I replied as a matter of factly.

"You know what I meant. Come on, tell us your story."

"What story? Give me a topic." I said, finally giving in.

"Why did you work in that facility? You were working for the man that you won't admit that he's your father."

"Well, that's gonna be a long one."

"Try us." GD said while smirking at me from the rear view mirror.

"I didn't choose this job. Before me, was my mom. She would usually tame the mutants but she was a kind woman, she didn't believe in torturing them, in fact she cared for them and took care of them as if she was their own children. One day, she got cancer. It was unbearable for the entire family and I couldn't do anything. All I did was watch her die slowly and observed how her life is draining slowly out of her body. After one chemotherapy to another, the day came and she finally passed away." I said, keeping my face emotionless and fighting the tears.

"We're sor-" Before letting Daesung finish his sentence, I shut him up. He chucked and nodded his head while giving me the assurance that I can continue.

"Before she passed away, she was worried about the mutants and how they will be treated when she's no longer there. She told me to gave them a sense of belonging and care. That was her last wish- for me to follow her footsteps. I did as I was told and worked there. True, I hated the job but I couldn't let innocent souls getting tortured. Where's the humanity in that? So I worked there hoping to make a difference."

T.O.P's Point Of View

"I was wrong about you. I'm truly sorry."

Slowly, I saw a smile plastered on her face. She was a strong girl. She had to live with this for all her life but her decency to make a difference was magnificent. I am truly impressed by her.

Sooyoung's Point Of View

"I was wrong about you. I'm truly sorry." T.O.P said. That caught me off-guard but that was truly sweet of him, I didn't want destroy his ego so I just gave a sheepish smile.

"So, what's the school like?" Seungri said with a worried expression on his face.

"I couldn't say much since I have only been there for like 2 times and it was like a year ago. But from my knowledge, it's a base of operations and a training site for mutants who work for mutants who are working for the government and the location of a school for mutant teenagers and sometimes older aged mutants." I said while trying to pry my head open for more information.

"You know lots of stuff." Taeyang mumbled loudly while eating some potato chips I bought earlier.

"That's my job." I sighed and continued to drive while having bizarre thoughts in my mind.

3:23am

I drove and drove and drove. I opened my another can of energy drink and swallowed a whole. I have been driving for hours.

I was approached by a huge mansion that had dimmed lights surrounding it.

This has to be it.

YG's School For Gifted Youngsters.

[edited]