❣20_"I'm Not The Damn Queen!"❣

💫Photo on top is of Jenny Linn. It is not mine.💫
.

.....................................................

“Listen up! We will be fighting in the battle to save the world!” Loud cheers erupt as I stand, definitely not comprehending how this is good news. Their lives are at stake and they probably have families.

“Well, I’ll leave you to it since Marcus knows the leader.” I smile warmly at Mr. Thomson as he slips out of the huge training room. He had been kind enough to lead us to see the guardians who will be fighting with us.

“Marcus, it’s good to see you.” The trainer shakes Marcus’s hand. He looks over at me. “It’s good to finally meet you Miss Chase, I’m Bern.” I smile. “Chanel, call me Chanel.” The man stands tall, his uniform reminding me of the Military, except these are the color of white and black. Well that’s definitely a difference from all the white in this damn building.

“Come on in, meet everyone. I’ll be back in a sec.” He states excitedly. Honestly my reaction was the opposite, I didn’t want to meet and get attached to those that could die in the next second because of me. But they said it would boast their spirits.

As soon as we step in every head in the room stops what they're doing and focuses their burning eyes on one single thing, me. In a matter of seconds they're all on their knees. My eyes glaze over everyone in amazement and confusion. It's the twenty first century and I'm definitely not the damn queen. I look to Marcus in hopes of explanation, but he grins and gets on his knee with great agility. Great well that just proves it isn't Marcus, but me. I open my mouth but am completely star struck. I mean what are you supposed to do when a bunch of people bow down to you. I catch movement as a soldier gets up, saving me from complete humiliation. "We will stand with you, Amin ojela'tot. Not because we were trained to, but because we want to. So thank you for giving us the greatest honor we could ever have."

I stare dumbfounded. Wow the sudden weight of what I was doing pushes down on me.

“Okay enough, You’ve said what you wanted. On your feet before you scare the poor child.” Everyone gets up and I let out a breath I didn’t know I was holding.

“Thanks Bern.” I catch my breath, so relieved that he interrupted that I felt like hugging him, but he walks away before I can, retreating with a wave and a nod of the head.

I look to Marcus. “amine ojila'tati?”

“Amin Ojela'tot” He corrects me, wanting to laugh. It rolls off his tongue like it would if he was saying hi to someone. All the while making me want him to say it all the time.

“Divine Language, the language of the gods.” He pauses. “It means chosen one.” My mouth forms into a circle. Weird. I didn’t know there was such a thing.

“What’s up man. Haven’t seen you in forever.” I turn to see a well built African American man who looks very similar to Marcus walk up. I stand awkwardly as Marcus and him do a weird handshake. Men.

“I heard you were trying to ride your bike without training wheels and had to get a shit load of stitches.”

“I heard you went to the bathroom at charles and when you tried to get up you got stuck and they had to call the firemen to get you out." Marcus pauses. “Poor them. They probably came out traumatized.”

I stand there like what the hell just happened. Suddenly they both start cracking up, wiping away the tears and bumping each others fist. Great I was starting to think those things actually happened. Now who’s the dumb one.