❣12_CrissCross Apple Sauce❣

📸All Photography in this chapter does NOT belong to me.
......................................................

"Of course honey, I love you okay, bye."

"You ready?"

I hung up the phone and looked up to see Marcus ready with keys in hand.

"All good with the fam?" He asked, opening the door that I was leaning on. I scooted over and he signaled for me to go first.

"Yes, but they are coming later then anticipated."

"Mine or yours?" I asked momentarily.

"As much as I'd like to ride in yours, cause I do. I think I'd be better off driving what I do know how to drive."

My parents didn't shower me with money, as I said, they wanted me to have a normal life, but my only request was my baby, a Black Chevrolet Camaro.

"Suit yourself." I said smiling.

He opened me the door and held out his hand for me to get in. His car was higher then mine and was a black Silverado pickup truck.

I tied myself as he got to his side to get in.

"Well that's good considering what's about to go down." I shrugged. "I guess so, but what if I don't make it, then I will never see them again."

He turned to look at me straight in the eyes. "I would never let that happen." Those simple words made my heart leap just a little, but then again, I didn't want anyone getting hurt because of me.

I left it at that and looked out on the roads in peaceful silence.

We arrived about an hour later, seeing as how the Center was on the outskirts of town, hidden in the trees.

Marcus, being the man he was, opened me the door as we entered the house.

"My darlings, how wonderful it is to see you." Mrs. Martinez responded, bringing us in for a hug.

She let us go but held on to me, staring me straight in the eyes. "Please tell me he's been acting like a gentleman."

I laughed. "Oh of course. Well.... except when he knocked me down, but other than that he's been a good child." I stated, without a care in the world.

Mrs. Martinez looked momentarily shocked and Marcus's eyes popped, making him look like a lost puppy ready for a beating. I bit my lip to stop myself from laughing and instead patted him on the back and continued on through the house.

I sat in the living room couch and technically made myself at home, Crisscross apple sauce and everything.

"Do you have a blanket around, it's kind of cold." I commented to Marcus as he came in a minute later.

He stood there and looked at my position.

"What?" I asked smiling innocently.

He shook his head with a beautiful smile and a laugh that held so much emotion. "You are about the weirdest person I have ever met!"

I started laughing with him. It was not my fault that the only position that was comfy was sitting Crisscross apple sauce.

"I'll go get that blanket for you."

I grabbed the remote and turned on the Tv, turning it to the news. Leave me alone, I was a boring person that liked to know what was going on in the world. Plus it had always been my dream to be a News Anchor, so I had to learn the basics.