❣4_ The Clue❣

Art that Isn't Mine, but part of this chapter.
--------------------------------------------------

We didn't find anything but soon we got to a part of the forest that I knew something was off. There were no birds singing or families love for one another, nothing but dead silence. My head started burning up again and I fell to my knees holding my head in my hands. Everything and everyone blurred away for who knows how long. It wasn't until someone strong wrapped me in their arms that I broke free of my trance. I was too traumatized to move and Marcus wasn't complaining. He was comforting and warm, making me feel safe, as if all my problems could disappeared.

Finally, I let go and looked up to see everyone looking at me with terror in their eyes. They had been worried as I saw that they wanted to question me, but decided not to. I got up, seeing movement to my right. I began walking as a cat peeked out from behind a tree. I stared at it in amazement. It's fluffy white fur with black spots made me want to reach out and touch it. I followed it as it ran away. After a while, I lost track of its sight and ended up in a part of the forest that was blocked. Only about a few blocks from where I had felt something. My eyes roamed around. Finally spotting a way out. I pulled away the pokey branches and almost fell over as I broke through.

My eyes widened. "Guys! Come check this out."

I looked over as I saw them walk through. Jeremy gasped. "Madame Scotts place."

I walked forward as Madame Scott looked at us curiously. She pushed her legs back and forth, slowly rocking the hammock she was sitting on.

"It's not smart to go looking in those woods my young children." She noted as we approached her.

I stared at her silently, as there was no denying what she knew. She got up as calmly as ever and nodded for us to follow her inside.

We all sat on the couch as silent as a bug. Madame Scott returned as she now sipped a cup of tea. "The good thing is that you guys are sticking together."

We stared at each other in thought. We knew that one of us could disappear at any moment, but we hadn't really thought about it.

"Ah! Here it is." She said, handing me a business card. It held a business name and an address.

"Glory," Jules read.

"Now I don't know much, but I know that this place can help you figure out what you are looking for, just be careful, alright?" We nodded silently, making our way out.

Closing the door, she said, "By the way I don't think all of you should go, it would be too much."

I stopped for a second, wondering if I should ask her too much what, but decided to just find out for myself.

.....

We stood in front of our destination. Taking it all in. It was in the center of a plaza. A large place that looked really old and pointy. There were cracks everywhere and it was the color of faded brown.

"May I help you?" A young looking man said, coming up to us as we entered.

"Yes, we're looking for Giuseppe" Marcus informed the guy.

He nodded, inspecting us both. "Follow me."
...

We ended up in a sort of mini museum, full of Statues, small figures and paintings all around the room. One painting was on the ceiling, it was so beautiful that it reminded me of the Sistine Chapel by Michelangelo.

"Renaissance art has always fascinated me." A voice vibrated off the walls, pulling me out of my trance. I turned around to see a tall man, probably around the age of 35, looking up at the painting. He saw me staring and smiled down at me.

"Come walk with me." He turned around swiftly as we followed him around the big room.

"These statues and art have been around for quite some time. They were brought out by someone bigger, who had a vision and an opinion. Some like this one here", he points at a painting with many African Americans tied badly to things as they looked as skinny as a stick. A white man stood in the middle looking grand and tall. He overlooked them with laughter on his face.

"The person who painted this held a strong opinion towards how African Americans were being treated back then."

"Why explain this to us?" Marcus asked trying to get to the point.

Giuseppe stared at the painting as if he were lost in it.

"Jesus was a man like this, he had his own beliefs. Some chose to believe, while others didn't." He pointed at a little area I had not seen before.

Giuseppe and Marcus continued to look and talk about other paintings as I paused, something in me pulling me to where he had pointed.

It was a beautiful brown cross and on it was a sad Jesus. To me this place was like a tiny worship area, but in a corner and smaller. I walked up to it as at first it sounded appealing with beautiful flowers everywhere, but as soon as I got close I started feeling uneasiness. I paused and after a second it went away. I continued my journey and knelt to touch the beautiful flower petals one by one. Soon my fingers were burning as my hand grazed its way up to the cross. I touched its beautiful smooth surface. But that one simple second touch turned into a very long time as fire soon rose up in me. My vision blurred and I was on the floor savaging my internal pain. A second later, darkness had overtaken me.

-------------------------------------------------

🐤Hope you enjoyed! have an awesome day or night love ya Peeps!🐤