❣16_"Home?"❣

“One more try.” I grunt as I make my way inside the room. It’s made out of glass. In the center is a cube which has the controls. I click on the High level, which Marcus said I’m finally ready for. I don’t mind as long as we don’t go to the last final stage, which is literally the Insane level. We have currently been practicing for four days. Staying at the Center to not waste any time. I have improved so that’s good, I guess.

I press the start bottom when I’m finally ready. Tucking the pack, making sure everything is ready to go. The lights turn off and then small colored lights connect to a hologram running towards me. It’s a man with a brown beard, a flannel and ripped jeans. He carries a shotgun. He shoots. I drop rolling on the ground. I grab a knife and beautifully throw it, flipping mid air as it in carves itself in the man. He dissolves into thin air. I keep my knees bent, gun at a ready. One bullet in it as Marcus instructed. He says its better to use natural skills that you can get anywhere before guns. So he only gave me one damn bullet. Catching me almost off guard a women in a combat suit runs from the top sides and jumps off almost landing on me. How did I stop it, you may ask? Well with my awesome listening skills and my handy dandy gun. A dozen more attacks happened within seconds. Swinging my knives with my awesome skills, finally winning and ending the game.

“I knew you could do it.” Marcus claps and smiles.

“Of course. What? Were you underestimating my skills.” I walk off looking smug and flipping my hair to show my awesomeness.

It was around midday. Our routine consisted of waking up at early hours and going for a run. Then returning, showering, eating and yet again training. As of right now, eat some dinner and rest.

“Hey, you’ve had enough, we need to rest.” He had stopped me in my tracks surprising me.

“Want to go home?”

I look through his captivating hazel eyes looking for the catch but don’t find anything. Nodding I make my way through the hall to get my things.

Coming out of the shower, a knock sounds on my room door. I perch myself on the window seat to gaze out into the distance. “Come in.” 

“Heard your Leaving.” I turn to see Giuseppe sit on the side of my bed.

“Ya but it’s probably just for one night.”

He nods.

“You need it. You’ve been working hard and might I add your getting really good.”

“I just hope it goes well.”

“What did you want?” I ask in a soft voice, Knowing fair well he didn’t just come to praise me.

“We think the battle is coming soon. I think…I think…I just want you to be careful, okay?” I nod a little dazed and confused.

He walks out with a swift smile and a farewell. What is wrong with people, I am coming back…..right?

……

“Chanel we’re here.” I open my eyes to see Marcus behind the wheel, but the car has stopped.

My eyes adjust seeing where we are. I hand him my card and he slides it on the machine. The big doors creak open and we are in. My house is a secure private property. On the outskirts of town. It’s like your typical scary old horror house, but without the ghost, which I am grateful for.

Marcus drives on the left side of the circle, a fountain sits in the middle with no water. He parks right in front of the house.

While Marcus goes to open my door, I look at the grass my parents so hoped to save. It’s greener now with the sprinklers. Flowers blooming around everywhere. My door opens as I yawn, stretching slowly, making my way out of the car. “Thanks.”