❣18_Heaven?❣

Above is the pics of Corp and a song which kind of reminded me of this chapter. Her looking at the place in wonder. Anyways hope you enjoy!
(Pics above are not mine.)
......................................................

“I thought I wasn’t allowed in heaven?” We were in Marcus’s truck, on our way to where ever this shit hole was. After the shocking news we had grabbed our things and rushed out.

“You’re the chosen one, so I think it’s pretty obvious.” I give him the are you dumb face. “I know why, but I mean what do they want to tell me.”

He shrugs, as he goes back to focusing on the road. “Maybe they just want to see how you look. Plus we aren’t actually going to heaven.”

I scratch my head in irritation. “What does that even mean.”

He stops at a red light turning to look at me. “Heaven is for the dead, people like me are not dead but we have connections to the top realm.” The light changes green and he goes back to the road. “Therefore we are going to see people who protect this world.”

“So we aren’t going to heaven.” I ask clearing the air.

“Yes, but no.”

I raise my hands in a frustrated, defeated tone. “Well thanks a lot, that just makes so much sense.”

“Just relax, you’ll see.” Easy for him to say.

……….

I slightly open my eyes as the suns ray annoys and wakes me up. I groan, covering the sun from my eyes with my hand. “Morning.”

I stir as my vision clears. He peeks a glance at me as he’s driving. I look at my surrounding and see that we are on an abandoned road with fields of grass on either side of us. Then I see that I have a quilt around me. “Thought you might have been cold in the night.”

I thank him, folding it and putting it in the back. I hit something as I curve my body back around. I pick it up, looking at it’s twin brothers. “Have you been up all night!?”

“Ya kind of, but it’s okay. Those bad boys have been keeping me up. Plus I’m a guardian, I think I kind of have to be used to it.”

I put the cup back down. “Caffeine’s bad for you. Plus you should sleep, those people can wait if I’m so damn important.”

He chuckles. “I’m serious. You should stop and rest. Better yet I can drive and you can sleep.” I look out as I see movement in this deserted land. An old man with torn pants and a plain shirt, stands with a hose watering the grass. No wonder the grass is so green, but where did he come from and why? I shake my head, letting it go.

“It’s okay, we will be there in about three hours anyways.”

I sigh letting it go. The rest of the way we sit in silence as I stare at the beautiful nature.

 “Have you ever been to the city?” Marcus asks, braking the silence.

“I’ve never really traveled with my parents, but from the looks of it we’re going to Province, which I haven’t gone. I’m just surprised it’s so close to where we live.”

I look out as we enter the city. Our town is so secluded that we have nothing all around us and the closest thing to civilization is this damn city.

“How come?” He asks.

“I don’t know. Honestly I never really had an interest to see the world. Silent Trees has always been my home and I like it.”

Nodding in agreement, he leaves it at that.