Special Chapter: Flashback

Enjoy this special chapter, thank you all for reading and being patient. 

I do not own and am not affiliated or associated with Naruto in any way, I only own my own characters and story line. Basically anything you haven't heard of. 

I also don't own the picture.

(9464 Words) 

Once again, thank you and enjoy this special chapter. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a beautiful day in Konoha. The sun was shining, the birds were singing, and there wasn't a cloud in sight. Kotetsu and Izumo stood waiting at the gates of the village, trying their very best not to fall asleep in the warm sunshine. "Hey Izumo, do you know if anybody would be willing to switch posts? I'm in dire need of a catnap." Izumo sighed, "I know what you mean, today has been very quiet." He slumped against the doors of the village. "Why are we on duty when everyone else gets to relax!" Kotetsu groaned, "I wish something interesting would happen!"

Suddenly, a figure fell out of a nearby tree with a large crash. The two chunins jumped in surprise, "What the hell?" Kotetsu and Izumo looked at each other and quickly made bunshins to stand post while they investigated. Izumo crouched down next to the figure and rolled them so that they faced the sky. Kotetsu gasped, "Oh my Kami!" It was a young boy, no older than twelve years old, who lay unconscious before them. He was unbelievably pale for the area, and his hair was hidden by the top of his once dark teal blue cloak. Worst of all, the boy had scratches and all the marks of a dangerous battle. "We need to get him to the hospital!" Kotetsu nodded and lifted the young boy up in his arms. "Do you see his parents anywhere?" "There's nobody in sight." "How did he get here?" The two lugged the boy to the hospital and checked him into a room. The doctors shoved the young gatekeepers out of the room and began the check up on the unconscious boy. Izumo and Kotetsu sighed and slumped into the chairs outside of the waiting room. "Izumo! Kotetsu! How are you boys?" The two turned to see the Hokage and his wife walking through the halls of the hospital. The boys quickly got on one knee to show respect, "Hokage-sama!"

Minato chuckled, "Now come on, you don't have to do that. So, why are you boys here?" "A boy collapsed outside of the gates." "He was covered in injuries and his clothes were all messed up when he fell out of a tree. Worst of all, there was no family in sight." Kushina gasped slightly, "Oh my, the poor child. Did the doctors finish?" Izumo shook his head, "They wouldn't let us in. Minato smirked, "I think I can fix that." He wrapped his arm around Kushina and gestured for the young gatekeepers to follow them. He pushed open the door and walking in with the group. "Hokage-sama!" The group of doctors jumped in surprise. Minato smiled happily, "Hello, how are you all? Isn't today a lovely day?" The doctors nodded slowly and covered up the boy on the hospital bed, "Sir, why are you in this room?" "I came to check up on the mystery boy. My lovely wife was distraught by the story so we had to see the poor child." The doctors nodded and made way for the group to see the young boy.

His cloak had been removed, and now his features were all visible. He wore a teal blue kimono with a dark blue outer jacket, all tied together by a white waistband with a golden seal on his waist. Through the kimono, his lean muscles were visible, and one arm was covered in thick blue bandages. The most peculiar thing about the child however, was his dark blue hair that swooped above one eye. His chest slowly rose up and down with the help of the oxygen mask. Minato walked over and held the bandaged arm gently, "Was the damage to his arm this extensive?" "No Hokage-sama. His arm was already bandaged when they brought him in. We tried to clean them but the bandages wouldn't come off." Kushina sighed, "Well then what is wrong with him?" The head doctor looked down at his clipboard, "Well, the patient shows no signs of bleeding but extreme bone and organ damage. His humerus, fibulas, and lower ribs are all cracked. We think that due to that the stomach and lungs have been damaged as well. We believe that he will have to go through extensive rehab but will be able to walk again. If he ever wakes up." Izumo and Kotetsu hung their heads low in pity for the poor boy. Minato nodded slowly and sat down in the chair next to the bed. "Well, might as well wait until he wakes up." Kushina shook her head, "Mina you have a lot of work to do. I'll stay with the boy, you need to finish." Minato shook his head, "Someone hurt this child, and I'm going to stay with him till he wakes up and find out who did it." Kushina nodded, "Alright, but send a bunshin to the office. I need to go check on Mito, I'll be back soon." She kissed his cheek and left the hospital room. Minato waved the doctors away and turned to Izumo and Kotetsu, "Boys, I want you to check the perimeter. The perpetrators must still be in the area. I need you to find them and report back to me. Do not engage them, with the damage they've inflicted on this child I do not wish for two amazing nins like yourselves to get hurt." Izumo and Kotetsu nodded and shun shined out of the hospital room. Minato gently held the unconscious boy's hand, "You'll be ok, and then we will know who you actually are.