Chapter 23: New Family

Once again, a dreaded author's note!

Don't worry though, I'll keep this one very short.

Sorry for not updating for a while, and thank you for helping this story pass over 100k reads! 

Finally, something special, this is the official art of Nitsu Kyūseishu. A great thanks to the artist, and please don't steal this art. 

Once again thank you very much and enjoy the chapter!

Third POV

Gato was pissed. He looked down at the report in his hands, "That traitorous bastard!" He threw the scroll at his poor follower and took off his tiny glasses, "It seems like my plans to kill him and that bridge builder will have to take place a little earlier than expected." Gato got up and clapped his hands, summoning his herd of brainless minions. "Alright men, we are gonna pay that bridge builder a little visit. When we get there, wait for my cue to kill the mercenary." He started walking out, pausing slightly before two reliable servants, "You two go to the bridge builder's house and kill his daughter and grandkid." "Yes sir!" The two ran off, leaving Gato and his horde ready to stain their hands with blood.

"Whistle while you work! Da da dadada dada!" Gato blinked twice at the sight. At the bridge there were close to fifty people working on site, most had yellow hard hats while several had on orange ones. Conducting the workers was a man in a slick black suit and orange hardhat. The man held up his black gloved hand and pointed at random spots, holding a blue clipboard under his left arm. "Ehmm!" The man swung around and his teal blue eyes went wide. "Gato-sama!" He scrambled forward, pushing up his thick black glasses. The man grabbed Gato's hand and started shaking it furiously. "It is an honor to meet you sir, truly an honor! They never told me at HQ that I would get to meet you face to face sir! Wait till I tell the missus!" Gato yanked his hand away and scowled, "Who are you?" The man straightened up, "Oh right! My name is Nitsu sir! I just transferred into the company. They sent me here, on your orders of course sir. And what an honor it is! I really have to thank you!" "I never ordered anyone to be here." Nitsu looked at his clipboard, "It says so right here sir! It's in your name!" Gato frowned, "Alright..." Nitsu smiled brightly, "I've already gotten to work sir, I have almost finished this bridge for you sir." "What!" "Well sir, that's what it said in the report. So I found some amazing workers, made a few calls, and I'm sure that this is almost completely finished. We've only got about three more hours of work to do!" Gato growled angrily, "This bridge was supposed to be destroyed you twit!" He tried to grab Nitsu's collar, but failed due to the extreme height difference. "Men! Get rid of this fool for me, and hand me that clipboard!" Two hulking thugs swung around and grabbed Nitsu by the arms. "Oi watch it spacemen!" Another thug handed the clipboard to Gato. "Gato-Sama!" Gato flipped the papers and looked down, "What the hell is this?" Nitsu frowned, "Is there something wrong Gato-sama, or should I say....Kyūseishu-sama?" Gato's face visibly paled, "...Where did you hear that?" Nitsu gestured to the men, who regretfully let him go. "See Kyūseishu-sama, it is pertinent that you read those papers." Gato looked back down, "Nitsu K, sent to land of the waves in order to complete the bridge under K-corp name. Rush order, increase workers if needed. Signed,-" Gato froze. "It's your name isn't it Kyūseishu-sama?