Chapter 12: Battle of the Blondes

"The match will begin, Naruto, you must last two minutes in the ring." I nodded at Iruka and positioned myself for the fight. Minato did the same, and Iruka struck the bell beside him. "GO!"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Third POV

Naruto started off the battle by brandishing a set of kunai and placing them between his fingers. As his title suggested, Minato ran forward at breakneck speeds, in an attempt to jab Naruto in the gut. Naruto shifted slightly and slid underneath the Hokage's legs. Minato scowled and threw his specialty three-pronged kunai around the battling area. Naruto watched in fascination as Minato flashed across the arena, constantly trying to slice him. However, after all of his years of training, Naru was able to dodge these quite easily ( Ah the skills you acquire when you are trying to avoid Kiri fan-girls). Naru waited patiently in the center, constantly watching the yellow flashes with his highly trained eyes. Then, his arm shot out and rammed into Minato's gut. The blonde Hokage staggered backward and grunted. "It's time to take this up a notch!" Minato screamed while he went through his hand signs, Snake, Sheep, Monkey, Boar, Horse, Tiger, "Fire Element; Flame Blowing". The flames spewed out of Minato's mouth and covered the dueling ground. "Shit!" Naruto jumped up and went through his own signs, Tiger, Serpent, Tiger, "Water Element; Water Wall". The other clan heads watched in astonishment as the great wall of water extinguished Minato's flames. This young child was able to use such a powerful jutsu, even without a large source of water nearby. The exchange of jutsus went on as the two combated each other. A constant back and forth, however, Naruto was gaining the upper hand. Minato wiped some sweat off his brow and pulled out another kunai. He rushed towards Naruto, with his signature jutsu in hand. "Rasengan!" Naruto's eyes widened as the blue orb of energy came towards him. He quickly went through his own hand signs, Snake, Tiger, Ram, Fox, Demon, "Kyūseishu special technique: Light of Kami!". A bright light surrounded Naruto and Minato, blinding the viewing audience. When the light cleared, the crowd saw something quite unusual, Minato was frozen in front of Naruto, who stood quietly in front of his biological father. "Iruka, I believe that it has been two minutes. This battle is done." Naruto growled and started walking away from the dueling arena. "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY HUSBAND?" Kushina screamed at Naruto while brandishing her blade. Naruto winced at the obnoxious noise and scowled at the redhead. "Silence! It is simply a paralysis jutsu. However there is one slight twist to it, but that is irrelevant at the moment. Now Iruka, give me my headband so I can leave." The scar faced man sighed and pulled out a black headband. "I am very proud of you Naruto. You have done very well. I knew you could do it. Great job!" The kind brunette said whilst patting Naruto's back. The young blonde froze and turned towards the brunette. The next action, shocked all that were present. Naruto smiled widely at the chunin instructor. The villager and viewers felt as if they were basking in the rays of the sun. The air filled with joy and the area felt peaceful. "Thank you Iruka. Thank you so much." Naruto bowed his head and turned to walk around. "Ah that sweet light. That is the reason why I chose you my precious little Naru." Naruto froze. "Oh hell no..."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Naruto's POV

It was him. No, it was too early. The anniversary of that day wasn't until tomorrow, unless... I looked up at the sky, it was pitch black. Shit! I had lost track of time, that battle had gone on for too long, and now it was the day I feared more than anything else. My birthday, and my yearly visit from that demon. "Oh my little Naru, how I have waited for our meeting." I felt a chill run up my spine. " Leave now. I gave you my answer, leave these bastards out of it." I snarled at the man. His feral eyes flitted around the villagers and he laughed. "Oh my dear Naru, I didn't know you still cared about these people. But for you, I shall take this elsewhere." He snapped his finger and we were teleported to a nearby lake.