Great Destroyers

Felix and Locus exit their Falcon and walk up to a cliff where they see a large tower. They had reached the Purge. 

Felix and Locus walk towards a blue hardlight pathway. They stop and see something on the other end. 

"No way..." Felix breathes in disbelief. Zone and Carolina were blocking the entrance to the temple. 

"Hello boys." Carolina says smirking. 

"So, you've chosen to make a final stand." Locus ascertains. 

"These t-two just couldn't resist a r-re-rematch." Xi says as she and Epsilon appear. 

"Admirable, but hopeless." 

"Isaac, Sam, please! Think about this! If you turn this thing on there's no going back. All the blood that'll be on your hands, you'll never be able to wash it away. The people of Chorus, and your own." 

"That's war, Rex. Not everyone makes it back." Felix shrugs. 

"They can if you turn away. You can choose to end this now! If you think I get a kick out of fighting you two, I don't. You're my friends, scratch that, my brothers! Don't do this. Let's just walk away from this alive." 

Locus looks away momentarily.

"No, we can't. We have our orders." Felix puts his hand Locus's shoulder. "Right, partner?" 

"If the four of you are here, I can only assume the rest are attempting to activate the Communication Temple." Locus concedes. 

"That's right." Carolina nods. 

"You'd really put that much faith in them?" 

"We're not too worried." Epsilon replies. 

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

Several Space Pirates are guarding the temple. One looks through his sniper rifle and sees Kimball. 

"Contact." 

"How many?" The Pirate next to him asks. 

"Just...one." 

"What's she holding?" 

"I don't know. It kinda looks like-UGH!" The sniper Pirate gets shot by Kimball's beam rifle. 

"What the heck?!" 

Numerous Feds and Rebels rush onto the battlefield together holding alien weapons. They all line up next to Kimball. 

"Enemies to the west. Open fire!" 

The Pirates open fire at the Feds and Rebels. Several Feds rush ahead and activate their hardlight shields, blocking the incoming fire.

Kimball holds her rifle up. "Attack!" The Chorus soldiers cheer and rush ahead into the battle.

"Heavy artillery, move in." A Pirate orders. 

A Rockethog drives up in front of several Feds and Rebels and prepares to fire but suddenly explodes by a giant ball of energy hitting it. 

"What was that?!" 

"Look! East side! East side!" The Pirate runs to the east side of the tower and gasps 

"Hey, morons!" Tucker yells. 

"Oh, god." 

Tucker, Doc, and the Reds all stand in front of a tank driven by Caboose. 

Tucker spreads his arms. "You want a fight? You got one!" 

"And I have a tank!" Caboose adds.