Test Your Might

At the desert fueling station, the Rebels, Feds, Wash, and the Reds are all filling up their vehicles for a pit stop. 

"Now look, the fact of the matter is the ability to fly north, and only north, is just gonna lead to more problems than it solves." Sarge states. 

"Thank you!" Simmons says exasperated. 

"Whatever, this road trip sucks!" Grif sighs. 

"Nonsense! Road trips are an inherent part of the Red Team experience. Enjoy the exotic sights and sounds of this beautiful, albeit wartorn, land." Sarge says. 

"It's a gas station...that we've been to before! Seriously, there's like three places to go on the whole planet!" Grif protests. 

Wash walks up to them. "Alright, almost time to hit the road again." 

"Any word from the away team?" Simmons asks. 

"They found some sort of giant alien temple shooting pure energy into the sky." 

"What'd I tell ya? Blue Team problems." Grif says shaking his head. 

"You know, I think it's really admirable that you all choose to stay and fight for the people of Chorus." Wash says crossing his arms. 

"Oh. Thanks, Wash." Simmons replies. 

"When I first met you all, I honestly thought you'd never amount to anything but you've really proven me wrong." 

"Uhhhh, cool. Thanks, dude." Grif says getting uneasy. 

"Sure, you may not be the most conventional soldiers but no matter the challenge you always manage to find a way to come out on top. And that's something really special." 

"What's going on with you?" Sarge asks. 

"Me? Nothing." 

"No, you're acting really weird." Simmons agrees. 

"I just want you all to know how much I appreciate you." Wash states unconvincingly. "That's it." 

"You think we're going to freaking die!" Grif shouts. 

"No, I don't!" Wash says quickly. 

"No, you do, you definitely do! You're getting all sentimental and crap!" 

"No, guys. Come on, you'll be fine! I've got total faith in you. You're some of the best solders I ever knew." 

"What the freak is that past tense bullcrap?!" Simmons demands. 

"Look, I just want you to know, I'm proud of you. I'm sure if you stick together, you'll be okay. What unit are you in?" 

"Volunteered for the front lines!" Sarge answers. 

"Oh." Wash sighs. 

"YOU WHAT?!" Grif yelled. 

"SARGE!" Simmons cried. 

"Well, look on the bright side..." Wash pauses and doesn't finish. 

"You know, if you say that, you're supposed to follow it up with the bright side!" Grif points out. 

"I know." Wash looks down. 

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

At the temple, the Blues, Zone, and Dr. Grey all examine the text of the gateway. 

"A true warrior?" Xi questions. 

"Of physical strength and mental clarity." Grey clarifies. 

"Well it's a good thing I'm here." Tucker thumbs at himself.