You Know Who We Are

At the New Republic HQ, one of Tucker's lieutenants, Charles Palomo, is explaining to a group Rebels what happened at the Radio Jammer. 

"Pheewww...! The Pelican goes in for a landing, but the radio jammer's shooting up all sorts of electricity and stuff. It was like ka-pew, pew-pew-pew-pew!" 

"Oooooooo!" The group goes. 

"We're on the ground. Captain Tucker's bleeding out. The Reds and Blues are all bashed up. Things don't look good!" 

"Awwwwwwww!" 

"We led them all aboard the ship and take off as fast as we can and that's when he spoke to me. "Palomo, come closer. Come closer." It was my captain. I leaned in. "Don't speak Tucker, you need your strength." But he brushed my hand aside, looked at me straight in the eyes, and said to me, "Palomo, you did good kid. You did good.""

"Oh that's bullcrap!" 

Palomo looks down and sees Tucker with Grif, Simmons, and Caboose looking up at him. 

"What I actually told you was to stop crying and to shut up." Tucker clarified. 

"Okay yeah but the sentiment was still there." Palomo shrugs. 

"I freaking hate you Palomo." Tucker sighs. Then three more of soldiers come up dressed with Caboose, Simmons, and Grif's colors. Bitters, Smith, and Jensen. 

"You know, if we hadn't shown up with that ship you'd probably be dead like for real this time." Bitters states. 

"Hey, we're a bunch of mavericks okay? We weren't even planning on making out alive. That was just an added bonus for being so awesome." Grif retorts. 

"You went on a suicide mission for us?" Jensen says shocked. 

"Well uh you know we figured we owed you one." Simmons points out. 

"That's so selfless. And hey, your voice didn't crack." 

"It didn't? I mean, I don't know what your talking about." Simmons stammers. 

"Alright, don't get carried away. You guys just happened to be the first people we ever met who though we were cool. We saved you strictly for selfish reasons. And with the hope there'd be more pampering upon our return." Grif explains. 

Suddenly a Rebel appears from up high with yellow accents. "I'm here whenever you need me sir!" 

"(Sigh) He seriously survived the fight? I mean really? The universe just had to spare Matthews." Grif mutters to Simmons. 

"Well I think I speak for all of us when I say thank you." Smith replies. 

"And I think that I speak for all of us when I say when this feels like the beginning of a beautiful friendship. Isn't that right Freckles?" Caboose says looking at his assault rifle. 

"Affirmative." 

"No." Grif says. 

"Absolutely not." Simmons agrees. 

"Way too cheesy." Tucker adds. 

"Thank you Captain. I'll remember this till the day I die. Or my name isn't John Elizabeth Andersmith." Smith declares. 

"Oh god, is it?" Tucker asks. 

Doyle and Kimball look out at the New Republic from a balcony. 

"So what do you think?" Kimball asks. 

"I think it's an absolute mess." Doyle states. 

"Well your army didn't exactly leave us with many options over the years."