Chapter 60 - Can't Belive You Knew

Today is the third trial date... We are about thirty minutes in, but there is an hour break right now because they said Jason is being complicated. I don't blame him. These people suck. This situation sucks. The whole gang, Gigi, and I are all sitting in some room while we wait. The door opened, but I didn't look up because I don't care who is here.

"Oh my god" I heard Gigi mumble. I then looked up and saw my parents walk in. What? How? I stood up quickly walking over to them.

"What-" my dad already cut me off.

"This has to be a joke Mackenzie! You married Jason McCann! What's wrong with you?" My dad screamed at me.

"You don't know him!" I yelled back. It's only the gang, my parents, and a few cops in here so I don't care if I'm screaming at my parents.

"He doesn't need to Mack. We know what he does and what he's done" My mom stepped in.

"He's a killer! He kills people Mackenzie" My dad starting talking again. I went to talk, but Johnson came up to us.

"Excuse me Mr and Mrs Wood. I don't mean to sound rude, but Jason's really good to her" He told my parents.

"And who are you?" My dad asked him.

"I'm Tim Johnson" He answered. "I took Jason and his brother in when his parents died. Then when his brother died I was his guardian" he told my parents.

"And you're a gang member too?" My dad asked. I groaned.

"It's okay Mackenzie" Johnson said to me. I glared at him too. "Yes I am" He answered my dads question. "We all took care of your daughter. Especially Jason. He loves her with everything in him. We all do. You both raised a great woman" Johnson said putting his hand on my shoulder. I smiled. My parents looked at each other than back at us. My father went to talk, but a cop came up to us.

"One person can come talk to Mr McCann while we wait to start again" The cop told Johnson. He looked down at me.

"You go" he told me. I nodded quickly and looked back at the cop.

"No. Not happening" my dad stopped me. I rolled my eyes.

"I'm going to talk to my husband" I told him. He rolled his eyes.

"Husband" he mumbled under his breath as he shook his head. I faced the cop again.

"Miss do you think while I talk to my husband, my parents can stay on the other side of the glass with you and who ever else?" I asked. She nodded.

"Follow me" She said to us three. The three of us followed the woman down the hall.

"This is ridiculous" I heard my dad say behind me. My mom hasn't said a word in a while. I'm not sure if that's good or bad. I jumped a little as I felt my mom grab my hand. I looked over and she just looked straight ahead as she walked. She may not be talking, but she's holding my hand so she's here for me.

"Can you guys uncuff him too?" I asked as we got to the room.

"We did miss" The cop told me.

"Thank you" I said quietly as we got to the window. We watched Jason just sitting there at the table. He looked so defeated. So mad, confused, upset.

"How can you love that Mackenzie?" My dad asked me. I shook my head.

"You don't get it dad. You guys don't understand" I said then faced the guard. "I'm ready to go in" I told him. He nodded and opened the door. He let me in then shut the door behind me. I saw the other guard in the corner. Jason looked up to see me then stood up quickly.