Chapter 27 - It Was You?

We're on our way to the meeting with the gang. I didn't get much sleep last night considering what happened. I kept thinking it over and over. As it just replays in my mind. But this morning I'd tried hard with Jason by my side.

We covered up the bruise a little bit, but it's still noticeable. I watched out the window as we pulled into a parking spot. We silently got out of his car and started walking inside. Jason grabbed my hand, but stopped walking.

"You sure you want to go in right now? We can wait a little" he asked. I nodded.

"You have the gang to get to. If Ronnie brought Ariana then I won't be alone" I told him.

"You won't be alone either way. You could sit next to me" he assured me. I gave him a toothless smile and nodded. He kissed me and held my hand tighter. "You have me Angel. Don't ever forget that" he said before placing his lips on mine again.

"Let's go in" I said quietly and we walked in. I'm safe here. This gang is like family now. They would never hurt me. I saw the familiar faces and as much as I wanted to smile, I just couldn't. I'm still so shook from last night.

Jason let go of my hand and wrapped his arm around my waist. I stayed quietly by Jason's side as he greeted everybody. I saw two more people walk in making me look at them. Derek and I think his name is Aaron. I noticed something on Derek as he faced my direction.

My breathing stopped suddenly as I saw his sunglasses. The same sunglasses the guy who attacked me was wearing. Maybe a lot of people have those glasses. Derek took off the sunglasses and smirked at me then walked away.

"Jason I'm going to the bathroom real quick" I told him and went to walk away, but he didn't let go of me. I looked up at him confused.

"You look like you just saw a ghost" he said worriedly.

"Just thinking about last night. I'll be alright" I said then kissed his pink lips and walked away.

As soon as I walked past the doors, I heard someone walk through the doors too. I stopped and looked back to see Derek. And he's wearing those glasses. He quickly caught up to me, grabbed me, then pushed me up against the wall.

The same way I was pushed against my car last night.

"It was you" I said quickly. He chuckled. "You attacked me last night? You did this to me?" I ask.

"The sunglasses huh. Too noticeable?" He chuckled. "Or was it the push" he said then moved me and pushed me against the wall again. Again, like he did last night. "Like I said last night, if you even hint at Jason that I did this, I'll ruin your life Mackenzie" he threatened me. "I don't ever want to hear my name out of your mouth or I'll do worse and do exactly what I did at the lake party four years ago" he snapped making me flinch. That night was terrible. When he drugged me and raped me.

"Why did you do this to me? What did I ever do to you?" I asked almost begging for an answer. He laughed.

"You're a smart girl. You can figure that out" he said then took a step back. "Remember what I said" he said then walked back into the meeting room. I took a deep breath. I want Jason. I need to go back in there. I feel so unsafe.

I walked right back into the room and saw everyone sitting down so I quickly walked over to Jason and pulled a seat over to next to him. Next to him I feel safe. But with Derek in the room, I feel so off.

This shouldn't have happened. Why would he attack me like that? I can't tell Jason because I know Derek would attack me again. I took a deep breath again and tried hard to think of what he said to me last night.

'This is for causing some important people to hate me'

I didn't do anything wrong to him... Well I don't think I did. I have to think back to senior year. There's when Derek came back. Wait... when he came back that's the day I saw him, but at Jason's.. oh my god. I remember. I made Jason hate him because Derek drugged me and raped me and he found out and hit him.

**Flashback**

"Derek what's up man!" Jason said as they did a hand shake. Derek looked at Jason then back at me again. Hunter noticed because he looked at us confused.

"Never thought I'd see you again" Derek said to me. Jason looked back and fourth at us.

"Y-you too" I said back quietly.

"You know each other?" Jason asked taken back.

**

Derek laughed. I faced him. I can't take it anymore.

"You drugged me!" I screamed in his face. He didn't move with the smirk on his face. "You brought me to the room after you drugged me and then I blacked out. I remembered nothing till I woke up in a random bed naked alone!" I yelled. I felt a tear slip.

"You fucking drugged her?!" Jason yelled at him. Derek looked at him and didn't look affected. But all the sudden Jason punched him in the face. I gasped.

**

"I want to fucking kill him" Jason said and started to walk back and fourth. He started mumbling things.

"Jason please don't fight. I'm okay now" I said and tried to stop him.

"No!" He yelled and punched the wall behind me. I stood there in shock breathing heavy.

**End Of Flashback**

I remember that day clearly now. I shook it off and looked over at Jason. If only he knew the guy that hit and attacked me was sitting at the same table as us. Maybe it is better if he doesn't know. We can let it go.

I wouldn't want him to kick Derek out of the gang then him going against the gang. I can't tell anyone. It's better for Jason and the gang. Derek is not to be trusted, but he's lucky he's still in the gang.

Jason looked over at me and smirked. I slightly smiled then looked back at my lap.

Everything that has happened to me last night was my fault. I brought it onto myself. It's my fault Jason already hates him. I need to keep my mouth shut. I also need to get the hell out of here.

I started to think about last night and the way it happened when it brought something else back to my memory...

The dreams I had multiple times about being in a really old warehouse and being pushed and an evil Jason. The way Derek pushed me up against my car is the same exact way I was pushed up against the wall in that dream.

But does it mean something? It has to. I feel so unsafe now. More than I was a minute ago. I got the chills as I thought about both the pushes. Is it Derek that was in my dreams? Was it a warning? But we were outside of my work, not in a warehouse.

Maybe it's going to happen. I have so many question about this. I wish I could tell Jason, but I have a feeling that I shouldn't. Somethings not right.  And I feel stuck.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_