Chapter 45 - The Visit

I sighed as I looked down at my watch. The plane landed one minute ago.

It's been two days since my conversation with my mom and Jason about my mom coming here to visit. I'm at the airport with now waiting for her. It's only been two days since we arranged this, but we decided the sooner the better because we really miss each other. I used to be so close to my mom so these two years without her by my side were a little weird.

"Oh my" I heard her familiar voice. I looked up to see her put her bags down and started to cover her mouth with her hand. I started walking fast to her and instantly wrapped my arms around her. I felt her arms around me as if we've spend more years apart.

"Hi Mom" I said pulling away. I realized the both of us had tears in our eyes.

"It's a little cold here" was the first thing she said making me laugh and nod.

"It is" I said smiling. I grabbed one of her bags for her. "You hungry?" I asked.

"I am actually." She answered as we walked.

"How was the plane ride?"

"It was a little bumpy, but not bad" she told me. I nodded. She started to tell me about things going on at her job as we walked through the parking lot to my car. "Wow this car is beautiful" she said as we got to my car. I smiled.

"Thank you. Jason got it for me for my birthday" I told her and she gasped making me laugh.

"No" she said as she started at it. "Wow that man really loves you Mac" she said making me laugh at the fact she's so in disbelief and so amazed. I missed my momma. I popped the trunk and put her bag in the car. Suddenly she grabbed my hand. I looked over at her confused then looked at why she grabbed my hand. She's staring at my wedding ring. "You guys got married?" She asked me looking up at me. I nodded.

"In a court house. Nothing big" I told her. She started to tear up again.

"Oh my god" she said grabbing me and holding me in her arms. "You're married" she pulled away and just smiled at me. "I can't believe you didn't tell me!" She said hitting my arm lightly. I laughed and put her other bag in the trunk before shutting it.

"I'm sorry!" I laughed. "It was just in the court house." I said again.

"Where is Jason?" She asked as we got in the car.

"He should be home by now" I told her. "We live about 25 minutes from here so it's not that bad of a ride"

"So how do you like your job at the fashion institute?" She asked me.

"I love it. I really do. The people are great to work with. I'm just happy to be doing something I love" I answered her.

***

About 25 minutes passed till we pulled up to our home. We talked the whole ride just catching up on every little thing.

"Wow it's a beautiful home" she said as we grabbed her bags.

"Thanks Mom" I said back. We walked through the front door and put her bags down by the stairs. "Jase!" I yelled.

"Hi Angel!" I heard his voice as I heard his footsteps coming from the hall way.

"Let's go sit" I told my mom as I walked over to the couches. She sat down on one couch while I sat on the other.

"Hi" I heard Jason's voice as he got to the bottom of the stairs.

"Jason hello" my mom said as she stood up with a big smile on her face. They hugged making my smile grow even bigger if that was possible.

"How are you?" He asked her as they pulled away.

"I'm doing great. How are you?" She asked back.

"I'm good" he gave her a little smile then walked over to me as she sat back down. "Hi babe" he said kissing me quickly and sitting down next to me.

"I told her how we are married" I told him as I put my hand on his leg. He smiled at me then at her.

"You look much older now Jason. You guys grew up so fast" she said shaking her head.

"How was the plane?" Jason asked her.

"It was alright. A little bumpy" she told Jason what she told me when I asked earlier.

"We'll get you a private plane on the way home" he told her and she looked at us both confused.

"What? A private plane? How?" She asked confused. I looked over at Jason who looked over at me with a little smile.

"Uh I" Jason stopped talking. I laughed quietly and shook my head. Jason looked at me as if he was thinking whoops. I know what he's thinking. He probably thinking maybe he shouldn't have said that. I went to talk, but she started to talk.

"You guys have your own plane?" She asked us. Jason nodded.

"We do Mom" I told her. Her eyes widened.

"So you guys live in this huge house, beautiful cars, and a private plane" she said in disbelief. "You guys are really living the life" she said shaking her head. "But I'm glad you guys are happy. You guys still look at each other the way you did three years ago" she said making me smile. I felt Jason's hand on mine. I looked over at him to see him smiling at me.

"Well I'm still very much in love with your daughter" he told her as he looked over at her.
"I'm sorry she, well we, didn't tell you we got married. But at least it was just in a court room and wasn't a wedding" he said trying to make her feel better about that situation. She giggled.

"Don't worry about it. Im just happy you guys are" she said with a huge smile on her face. Suddenly, Jason's phone started to ring. He looked over at me and I nodded for him to answer it.

"What's up Travis?" He answered. "No you-" he stopped talking and put his phone down. He sighed and stood up.

"What's going on?" I asked him.

"Travis said he's coming over and then hung up on me" He told me. I nodded.

"It's fine it's just Travis" I said shrugging. He nodded and kissed the side of my head.

"I'm going to go wait outside for him and yell at him" he said making me laugh. He smiled a little at me laughing. "Sorry ladies. I'll be back" he said before leaving the room. I looked over at my mom to still see a smile on her face.

"Travis is the guy I tutored in junior year" I told her. She looked at me confused.

"And he moved here too why?" She asked. I shouldn't have even said that.

"Well him and some of Jason's friends moved here after they graduation. You know colleges and they wanted to all be together" I lied. She nodded understanding.

"Well that's nice. You guys get to have friends that you went to school with" she said. I nodded too.

"Anyway, let me show you around the house" I said standing up. She stood up too.