Chapter 26 - Bruises

I got chills as I started walking to my car. It is cold out, but I got a weird feeling. As if someone was watching me. My stomach felt uneasy as I got to my car.

I quickly tried to find my keys in my purse. But before anything could happen, I felt a hand go over my mouth and roughly and tightly grabbing me from behind. I dropped my purse and heard it hit the ground.

It made it impossible to scream for help with their hand tightly over my mouth. I felt them squeeze my side so hard making me want to scream in pain but couldn't. They turned me around and slammed me against my car. Their hand still over my mouth and one hand pressing on my stomach.

I opened my eyes to see a man with dark thick sun glasses, a black bandana covering his nose and mouth, and their black hoodie with the hood on.

Who would want to do this? An enemy of Jason's? Trying to get back at Jason so they are hurting me?

"Hello Mackenzie. Nice to see you again" they said. How do I know that voice from some where? "Awe why do you look so confused? Don't remember this voice? I mean how could you not?" They teased me. I really really don't remember who they are, but I know I've heard their voice before. "Answer me!" I shook my head quickly but with their hand still on my mouth. He chuckled. "Well darling it's better this way because now no one will know who hurt you" before I could even take that sentence in, I felt their fist come in contact with my cheek.

While they did, their hand came off my mouth allowing me to scream in pain. They grabbed me by my neck and stared me in the eyes. "This is for causing some important people to hate me. If you ever find out who I am and you tell your precious husband of yours, I'll do a lot worse to you" they said then pushed my head back making my head hit the window hard and they walked away quickly.

I slid down the side of my car and started to cry. I've never gotten hurt that badly. I've never gotten punched and choked. I looked at my bag to see my phone fell out of it. It's shattered... I picked it up to see it still works. I slowly dialed Jason's number.

"Hey babe" he answered.

"J-Jason where are you?" I ask closing my eyes and holding a hand to my hurting head. I tried to keep in the tears.

"I'm home. Why? Are you okay? You don't sound good" he said worriedly. I took a shaky breath. I knew he heard. "Angel?"

"C-can you come to my work? I'm in the parking lot" I said quietly.

"Yes of course. What happened?" I heard movement in the back ground meaning he's probably coming now.

"I'm sitting by my car. Y-you'll see me" I said and started to cry. I'm sure he heard me crying. "I'll see you soon" I said so quietly I don't even know if he heard me. I hung up and put my phone back on the ground.

I stared at the car next to mine. What the hell just happened to me? I thought I was safe.

'This is for causing some important people to hate me'

Who would I do that to? And how? I can't think I of any way I could have caused someone to hate another person. I keep to myself at work unless I have to work with someone.

Could it be some one from work? No, it can't be. I never gave anyone here a reason to hate me. Well I don't think I did.

After I feel like I've been sitting here forever, I heard the speed of a car getting closer to me. Please be Jason. I saw the car stop right near me.

"Mackenzie what happened?!" I heard Jason's worried voice. I look over to see Jason running over to me. I started to stand up and he grabbed my arms helping me. "Why the fuck do you have a huge bruise on your face?" He asked loudly. I shrugged slowly and tried to keep in all the tears. I want to be strong for him even though he probably won't except me too. I'm just so in shock. "Angel what happened?" He said with a sigh.

"I-I don't k-know" I said holding on tight to his jacket.

"Who did this to you?"

"I don't know" I repeated. "H-he came out of no where and started s-saying things and I-I was so confused and-" I stopped as I felt some tears fall.

"You couldn't figure out who it was?" He asked. I shook my head. "It's okay babygirl. You're alright now. I got you" he said as he held my head to his chest and held my small body tightly. "Come on let's get you in my car" he said pulling away. I nodded and he kept a firm grip around my waist as he walked me to his car.

"What about my car?" I ask quietly as I got into his.

"Don't worry I got that. I'll call someone to come get it" he shut the door and ran over to the other side and got in. I watched as he pulled out his phone and started to make a call. "Yo I need you and someone else to come to Mackenzie's work parking lot right now. Make sure you come in one car" he explained to someone on the phone. "I'll explain when you get here" he said then put his phone down. He looked over at me giving me sad eyes. He grabbed my hand. "So you couldn't see this guys face?" I shook my head. He sighed.

"C-can you get my bag please?" I ask. He nods and gets out of the car. I watched him grab my bag quickly then ran back into the car. "Thank you" I said quietly. I put my shattered phone in it and made sure everything was still in my bag before placing it by my feet. I felt Jason grab my hand making me jump a little.

"I'm sorry sweetheart" he said in a quiet voice. I look over at him and he's staring down at the steering wheel like he's thinking hard. He looked over at me as if he knew I was looking at him. He looked at my cheek then back to my eyes.

"Is it bad?" I ask. He sighs as he nods. I nodded and looked down at my lap. I've never gone through something like that. I don't even know what to think or do or say.

I saw a headlights shine on the cars near us. I looked up in the mirror and saw a car pull up behind us. I looked over at Jason. He put his hand on my jaw softly and slowly rubs my cheek with his thumb.

"I'll be right outside the car. It will only take a minute. Okay?" I nodded and he kissed my forehead then jumped out of the car. I saw him with Kade and Travis. I looked back down at my fingers on my lap. I just want to go home. And I don't want to be alone. I just want Jason to be next to me. He jumped back in the car and looked over at me.

"Don't worry we're going home baby girl" he said then went to drive, but looked over at me and stopped. I looked at him confused. "Put your seatbelt on" he told me.

"I'll be fine" I said quietly and looked ahead waiting for him to drive. He sighed.

"I'm not driving till you put it on. You always do" he said quietly. I sighed and started to put it on.

"Not like anything else could happen to me" I mumbled.

"Come on baby don't talk like that" he said with a angered sigh. I sighed too.

"I know I'm sorry" I said quietly after I put it on. He started to speed off. I just want to be home.

After sitting in silence all the way home, we finally got home. I got out after grabbing my bag. Jason rushed over to my side as we walked. He held his hand on my back all the way inside. Always making me feel safe.

I placed my bag down on the couch and slipped off my shoes. Without looking at Jason or waiting for him, I walked right upstairs and laid down on my bed as I got to our room. I stared up at the ceiling as I heard Jason moving around. He sat on the bed and faced me. I looked over at him to see him staring down at me.

I wrapped my arms around his neck pulling him down to me and put my face in his shoulder. I let the tears go and a sob came out of me. I cried into his shoulder and I heard him sigh.

"I love you so so so much Angel" I heard him say. I couldn't say anything as I just cried. "I'm so sorry" I heard him quietly say. I heard him repeat it again and I just kept my grip on him as I tried to stop crying and go to sleep.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_