Chapter 22 - Visiting

I stepped out of the car and looked around my old neighborhood. Wow. The feeling of being back is so different. I thanked the driver and started to walk up the drive way to my old house.

I saw the front door fly open and my parents running out. I smiled widely. I felt both of them wrap their arms around my body. I hugged them both back. It's been so long. I missed my parents so much and I never realized how much till this moment right here.

"You look so good" my mom told me as they pulled away from me.

"And happy and grown up" my dad added.

"I missed you guys" I told him.

"We missed you too" my mom said. My dad grabbed my bags and we started to walk inside.
"So you're only staying for two nights?" My mom asked me.

"Yup" As we walked inside, I looked around the room. All memories are flooding back.  I took a deep breath. I didn't realize how much I missed this house.

"Is everything okay back home?" My dad asked me.

"Everything's great. I was just looking through old pictures and really missed you guys" I lied.

Well I did miss them, but everything's not great and I still have my old picture in an envelope in an old bag.

"Are you going to see the girls at all?" My mom asked. I nodded as we all sat on the couch.

"Probably tomorrow some time" I told them. It feels so weird to be back here. It feels like I was gone for more than two years. But I also like being back. I just wish everything with Jason was okay...

"Why didn't Jason come with?" My father asked as he looked at me confused.

"He had some important work to finish so I told him to just stay home and do what he can" I lied again.

"How is he doing?" She asked me. Before I could answer, I heard my phone ding. I looked down at it to see Jason texted me.

"Speaking of" I said quietly.

Jason: I hope you landed safely and get to the house alright. I love you babygirl

I could answer him in a little bit. I locked my phone and looked back up at my parents.

"He's great" I said smiling back at them. They smiled again.

"You guys have been together for longer than I thought" My dad said shaking his head. My mom and I giggled. He's right. He thought me and Jason could never last. But he was proved wrong.

"Well who wants to make lunch?" My mom asked standing up. I smiled remembering how we all used to help make breakfast, lunch, or dinner. We stood up with my mom and walked into the kitchen.

"What were you guys planning on making?" I ask.

"Just pasta" My mom answered my question. I nodded and stared off into the back yard as I remembered memories from there. I was pulled out of my thoughts as I heard my phone start to ring. I grabbed it and was confused to see Meajor calling me.

"I'll be right back" I told my parents and I walked into the back yard. "Hey" I answered as I stopped in front of the pool and looked down. All the memories I have here. I sighed mentally.

"Hey Mack. I have a question for you" he told me.

"What's up?"

"Do you really love jason?" He took me by surprise as he asked me.

"W-what? Of course I do. You know that. Why are you asking that?" I ask as I looked back up.

"He said you left him." He told me.

"For a few days because I couldn't take the fighting" I told him.

"He won't talk to me, Travis, Ryan, or Kade and you know he's real close with us. All he's doing is smoking and drinking more than usual. He hasn't smoked in a while" I sighed. "Mack I just wanna know what's up" he said and sighed too.

"I know M I know. We were fighting for a few days about something little and he grabbed my arm so I pushed him and he pushed me back and I decided, instead of just going to Ryan's house or the guys house, I should just come see my parents for a few days so I'll be back for his birthday" I explained to him.

"And you love him still?" He asked me. I giggled.

"Come on Meajor. My love isn't going to go away in a day" I said and shook my head. Why is he asking me this? Of course I love Jason.

"He thinks you don't want to see him again so he thinks you aren't going to come home for good" He told me. I sat down on the ground and dangled my feet into the pool.

"I'm probably coming home tomorrow or the day after. I-I don't know. His birthday is soon and I'd feel like a bitch if I miss it. Even after all the planning I did"

"Planning?"

"I planed a dinner at the club in their private hall" I told him. "Only me and Ryan knew. He helped me plan it. I'm not going to tell the gang till I get back" I added.

"Oh wow. That's amazing. He's going to love it" He assured me.

"I hope so"

"Okay well I just got to the club so I gotta go, but I really hope you and McCann work through this. He's lost without you" He told me. I smiled.

"I do too" After hanging up, I got up to go back inside. But as I did, the door opened. "Dylan?" I asked seeing my brother in front of me.

"Hey little sis" he said wrapping his arms around me for a quick hug. "I didn't know you were visiting"

"I could say the same" I said with a little laugh.

"Where's McCann?" He asked me.

"Told him not to come. I don't want him to get caught" I lied. Well I don't want him to get caught.

"You are so lucky mom and dad still don't know who he is" He told me shaking his head chuckling. I nodded. "It's good to have you home sis"

***

"So I thought I'd be another couple months till I saw you again" Gigi told me as we got to the deli. Right now we are picking up subs and meeting the rest of the girls back at my house so I can spend time with my friends and my parents.

"Yeah well I thought that too and also now would be a good time since I wanted to get out of that house" I said with a sigh. 

"Has he texted you?"

"Yeah a few times. But I only answered one" I told her. She nodded.

"Well I'm sure you guys will be fine. I mean I know this time was different, but it's you and Jason. You guys made it through a lot so I'm sure you guys will get through this" she told me making me smile. I nodded.

"I'm sure too" I said and we both smiled.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_