Chapter 62 - Switch Blade

As Travis, Johnson and I walked out of the hospital, there were people out there staring at us. They know we are connected to Jason McCann. There was some girl who is just standing there smoking and her eyes didn't leave our sight. She seems about my age. Why is she staring at us?

"Crazy bitch" she mumbled as we walked by. I stopped and looked at her.

"Excuse me?" I asked her.

"Ignore her" Johnson quietly told me.

"Repeat it if you got something to say" I said stepping closer.

"I said crazy bitch" she repeated. "You are married to Jason McCann which makes you weird as hell. I mean he's hot and all, but he's a fucking psychopath. Killing innocent people and what, you support that? What a crazy bitch. You must be just as insane as he is, to-" I cut her off by stepping close to her and pulling out the pocket knife that Jason gave me while ago for safety. Her eyes widened.

"Yo chill" I heard Travis say.

"Oh now what do you have to say? Wanna talk more shit? You don't know me bitch. Don't act like you do. Wanna act all tough and go off on me, go on some more. Fucking try me" I snapped at her. She shook her head. I took a step back so I wasn't in her face anymore. "That's what I thought" I suddenly felt a hand grab onto my arm and start pulling me. I looked over to see Johnson. He started pulling me back into the hospital. As we walked, I pulled my arm away. "What are you grabbing me for?" I asked as we walked back in.

"Before you do something fucking stupid" he told me.

"That was kind of funny. I've never seen you like that" Travis said with a chuckle as we got into the elevator.

"What were you thinking? What if there was a cop around? We can't get any attention towards us. We don't want anymore trouble for Jason" Johnson ranted to me.

"How is that causing trouble for Jason? And why are we back in here?" I asked.

"I forgot something. And it could cause something because you're his wife" he told me. We walked out of the elevator and back to Jason's room. We saw Jason watching some movie and laying down. He looked at us confused and sat up. Probably because we just left and now we are back. "Your wife almost stabbed a bitch outside" Johnson said as I watched him pick up his wallet from the table. I rolled my eyes.

"I did not-" Travis cut me off.

"Yes you did" He said laughing. I looked over at him and gave him the finger.

"Stop laughing about it" I said and shoved him. I smiled a little and shook my head. I looked back at Jason who still looked confused.

"I didn't almost stab her. She was talking shit to me so I pulled out the switch blade you got me a few months ago. I wasn't going to stab anyone. I just wanted her to stop" I told him. It looked like he was about to smile, but maybe I was just imaging it. He just shook his head at me. A smile came across my face. "Bye Jase. I love you" I said before walking out. I heard the door shut behind me and saw the boys follow me. What a day so far. I've never acted tough like that with any one. But I kind of liked it. Even though it pissed me off.

***

"Do you think Jason's thought about his sister?" I asked Ryan. He looked shocked that I asked then sighed.

"I think so. Being in this place must remind him of it" he told me. I nodded agreeing. I looked over at Jason sleeping peacefully.

"How old were you guys when she died?" I ask. Ryan looked away like he had to think.

"We were 12. Well Jason was 11 and I turned 12 two weeks before" he explained. I sighed. "And then when we were 17, his brother died" He said quietly while shaking his head.

"Wait but when did his parents die?" I asked.

"When we were 14" he told me. My eyes widened. "So within 6 years, he lost his parents, his sister, and one of his brothers" I sighed again.

"He's so lucky to still have you and Justin"

"And you, Mackenzie. You're his life"

"But what about before me? He just had you and the gang right? I know him and Justin haven't been close" I asked.

"Yeah just us" He answered. I looked back over at Jason and saw him roll over still asleep.

"Do you think he's okay?" I ask looking back over at Ryan. He was looked back at me also.

"Yeah" he said as he nodded. "He's always strong"