Chapter 58 - Perfect For Each Other

It's the next day and I am back in this small room at the jail. Hopefully, Jason isn't saying the same things as yesterday.

"Hi" I said as I watched Jason walk through the door.

"Hey" he sat down and stared at me.

"We never finished our talk yesterday" I started to talk. He looked away from me. "Since the guard came in" I said and waited for him to talk, but nothing came as he just looked back at me. I sighed. "Why are you doing this?" I asked him.

"Asking for a divorce?" He asked. I just stared back at him. He knows what I'm talking about so why even ask. I didn't move. "Why shouldn't I?" I shook my head and let out a breath. "Huh? Why Mackenzie? Why, when you could go out and be happy. I'm going to be in here for the rest of my life. You're 21! You have the rest of your life" He snapped at me.

"Because we love each other. I don't care where you are. We promised to always be together and to be there for each other. Take care of each other through everything." I tried to explained. I'm sure he could get out somehow. He has to. He can't be in here for the rest of his life.

"Why do you love me?" He asked quietly. I looked into his eyes and I could just see hurt. But why?

"Why do I love you?" I repeated what he asked me. He nodded. I let out a fake laugh. "Jason you're my life. You're the only person that could make me happy. Even on your worst days, I still want to be with you Jason. You're my husband. You treat me like a princess. I love who you are-" he cut me off.

"I'm a criminal"

"Yes, but I've known that since I first met you. We know each other perfectly."

"We are perfect for each other." He agreed and I let a little smile form on my face.

"We are" I said back. He sighed.

"I'm sorry I asked you for divorce papers" he said rubbing his face then looking back at me. "I just want you happy"

"I know babe" I said as I grabbed his hands holding on tight.

"I know I'm being a little bitch for that. I just-I just don't want you upset your whole life. Coming here every week. It would be disgusting if I made you do that" he said sighing.

"I would do it for you" he held onto my hands tighter.

"Listen they are most likely putting me on trial, which means lots of court dates. So if you don't feel comfortable or you don't think you can handle it, don't come. I will be fine. Don't ever come alone if you do. I will be okay" he told me. I nodded.

"I'll be at every one. I'm here for you" I said making him give me a small smile.

***

Jason and I just talked for thirty minutes and now it's time for Johnson to go in there. I walked to the main lobby and saw Ryan sitting down looking at his phone. I saw down next to him making him look up at me.

"How was it?" He asked.

"It was better. He told me how there is going to be trials. I'm scared for that" I told him honestly.

"It will be alright. We will all be there for him. He's got this. We got this" he said making me smile a little. I nodded and looked at the ground. I wish I could go home with Jason. I didn't go home again last night. I don't want to stay there without Jason. Or alone. I just need to be with the gang. And Gigi. I looked up to see Johnson walk back through the doors. I looked at him confused as Ryan and I stood up.

"What's going on? You didn't see him?" Ryan asked. Johnson shook his head.

"Jason was being a dick to the guard so they took him back to his cell. I'll see him tomorrow. It's fine" He told us. Of course he was. I followed the boys outside and into the car. I miss Jason already. I wish I could just cuddle him or kiss him or just hug him one more time... Just one more time. That's all I asked for.

"Where are you going? The house is the other way" I asked confused.

"We are going to your house" Johnson told me.

"Why?"

"Well. You haven't slept there since Jason got locked up so I'm dropping you off there" he said making me even more confused. That's just rude. Am I a burden there or something? The boys started to laugh. Again, I'm confused. "Okay I am dropping you off there, but Gigi, Hunter, and Travis are there to sleep there with you tonight" he told me making me smile. I love them. They care so much.

"Why aren't you guys or Cameron?" I ask.

"Cameron wants to be alone. You know how him and Kade were literally brothers since birth" Johnson told me. I nodded even though he can't see me because I'm in the back seat. I miss Kade too.

"And I have to go back to my own house tonight, but I'll be back in a few days in time for the first court date" Ryan told me.

The first court date... I'm so scared.