11

"Do you like him?" Taehyung asks, kicking a rock.

"What?" I respond, giving the boy a look. Dinner just ended a few minutes ago and as soon as we got up, Taehyung stole me away from the others. Him and I walk along the fence, shoulder to shoulder. The young boy has a concerned look on his face and I'm curious as to why he's taking such interest.

"Jimin," he says. "Do you like him?"

I nod. "Of course I do," I say with a laugh. "Why?"

He shrugs. "I don't know," he admits. "You guys just don't know each other very well and you've barely spent one day together. Just seems a little... Fast, don't you think?"

I shake my head in amusement. "Sometimes you don't need very long, Tae."

"I know," he says, scratching the back of his head in uncertainty. "I guess I just thought that Yoongi..." He trails off.

I stop and turn to him, even more confused now. "What about Yoongi?"

He doesn't meet my eyes as he presses his lips together. "It's just... Ah, never mind." He grins and takes my hand. "As long as you're happy." I smile back as we continue walking, Taehyung swinging our arms back and forth.

"What about you?" I ask him after a moment. "Is there anyone out there for you?"

He laughs, the sound light hearted. "It's... Complicated, Y/N.  There is one person," he says, looking down. His eyes look far away as he goes deep into thought. "But I'm afraid it would never work."

"Why not?"

He gives me a sad smile. "It's just... I don't know. It's complicated."

I give his hand a squeeze. We continue to walk in a comfortable silence. My mind goes back to earlier today and my time spent with Yoongi. He had been so sweet and kind. His playful energy was contagious and I hope to see more of it in the future. I think about how he kissed me on the cheek. It had been so quick that I have to think if it even really happened.

But it most definitely did. It was a light kiss, as sweet as his gummy smile. I'm not really sure what to make of it. He probably just used it as a distraction so that he could get a head start. It didn't mean anything. Right?

"You're blushing," Taehyung teases, poking me in the cheek. "Penny for your thoughts?"

I look away in embarrassment. "It's nothing," I say, swatting his hand away when he goes to poke my cheek again.

He laughs. "You've been a good mood all evening," he muses. "The best mood I've seen you since you got here."

I shrug. "It's just been a good day, I guess."

Taehyung continues to smile. Though when he looks up past me, it instantly drops. "Y/N," he warns, placing me behind him. "Get back to camp."

"What?" I ask, my heart beat picking up in my chest. "Tae? What is it?" I poke my head out from around his shoulder and just up the hill past the fence I see it.

Not one, not two, but five Unliving are slowly making their way towards us. My eyes go wide as I get flashbacks from my last camp. "Tae," I say, my voice low. "We need to go get the others."

He nods slowly, his entire body rigid. I have to tug on his arm a bit to get him to finally move. He snaps out of his daze and we take off in a run to the camp.

We find the other boys around the campfire outside Namjoon and Jin's home. Taehyung and I stop, panting. He places his hands on his knees as he tries to slow his breathing.

Both Yoongi and Jimin jump up at the sight of my fearful look. They both start making their way towards me, but Yoongi suddenly stops when he sees Jimin, an indescribable look on his face.

"Y/N? Tae?" Hoseok asks. "What's wrong?"

"Th-the fence," Taehyung pants. "Unliving. Lots of them."

Namjoon's eyebrows shoot up. "What do you mean 'lots of them'?"

I swallow and take a deep breath. "There's a whole group of them making their way down towards us." Suddenly sirens begin to go off and gun shots are heard in the distance, probably from fence control trying to keep them out. "We need to get out of here."

"And go where?" Jungkook asks, his eyes wide with fear. "What are we going to do?" Taehyung walks over to the younger boy and puts an arm around his shoulder in comfort.

"The tunnels," I say. "If we get to the tunnels, we should be able to escape."

"Wait," Jimin starts, stepping forward. "Escape? What about the others?"

Tears prick the back of my eyes and I see Yoongi walk up to my side. He places a hand on my elbow and I look down. "I know how this ends," I say as a tear slips down my cheek. "And it's not pretty."

"How could you possibly know that?" Jimin asks, his eyes wild. "We can't just leave everyone here."

Yoongi takes a tentative step in front of me, standing between the blonde boy and I. "She's been through this before, Jimin," he says, his voice low. "She's going to go into shock from the PTSD, so I say we get her out of here as soon as possible."

A few screams come from a couple trailers down and all eight of us look over just as two Unliving come barreling down on a mother and her child. Unfortunately, she doesn't get away as the two zombies jump on her, taking her and her child down. I freeze at the sight, my eyes going wide.

Please. Not again. I knew this was going to happen.

"Y/N!" Jimin yells, shaking my shoulders. I look to him, my throat dry. My heart beats rapidly in my chest and breathing becomes difficult.

"Fucking hell," Yoongi swears next to me. All of a sudden my feet leave the ground and it takes me a moment to realize that Yoongi has picked me up via bridal style. I clasp my hands around his neck as he begins running, the others close behind us.

"Be careful with her," I hear Jimin pant next to Yoongi.

"Oh shut up," Yoongi mutters so that Jimin can't hear. "Let's get to the tunnels."

"What about Min Ku?" Jimin asks.

Yoongi rolls his eyes and eyes the building to our right. "Oh I'm sure he'll be fine up there," he says as we slowly come to a stop.

I look over and see Jin pushing open the manhole, beckoning is to go down. Yoongi places me on my feet and looks at me, his hand on my cheek. "You okay?" He asks softly.

I swallow. "Y-yeah," I manage to find my voice and he nods.

"I'm right here, okay?" He says. I notice Jimin eyeing us, but I ignore it. Now isn't the time.

Everyone begins hopping into the tunnel, one after one. Yoongi ushers me forward to go before him and I get a sense of déjà vu. Except this time, he makes me go first.

I look over his shoulder just before I jump, a hoard of zombies making their way towards us. Scared people run all around, their screams loud and ear-splitting. There's so much I want to do for them, but I know its no use. There's nothing we can for them now.

"Y/N," Yoongi pleads and I finally snap out of my daze. I drop down into the tunnels with him close behind me. He reaches up and slams the tunnel door shut, blocking out the cries for help and the undead creatures taking over his home.

Post-Apocalyptic (A BTS Fanfiction)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara