14

Y/N's P.O.V.

Three days pass as we aimlessly wander around with no destination in mind. Nobody really knows what to do or where to go. None of the boys will admit it, but I can see in their eyes how defeated they are. They just lost the place that they've called home for who knows how long. Hell, I was only there for a little over a week and even I'm upset over the loss.

Jimin keeps trying to get us to turn around, to go back and search for survivors and to make sure that Min Ku is okay. Of course, Yoongi strongly opposes, but the others are on the fence about it. I can tell they want to turn around, hopeful that their home is still there, but they also know just how dangerous that would be. Who knows how many people were infected? The camp could be crawling with the Unliving now.

But the camp is the least of my worries. My main focus right now is making sure that the guys get through this, that they keep their heads on straight so that we can figure out our next move.

Each boy has been grieving in their own ways. Namjoon attempts to keep a positive attitude, but the look in his eyes always gives him away. Jin hasn't made a single joke since leaving, preferring to remain quiet. In fact, I think he's said about two words since the other night. Jungkook basically clings to Taehyung, tears never seeming to leave his eyes. Taehyung attempts to comfort the maknae, but even it's hard when he feels the same way.

Hoseok has become the care taker. He makes sure we all eat and get plenty of water and attempts to remain the ball of sunshine that he is. He makes jokes in attempt to make everyone laugh, and sometimes it works.

Jimin has been huffy ever since that first night, angry with the world. And with me. He's still convinced that Yoongi has feelings for me and is mad at the boy for not wanting to turn back. The two always walk as far away from each other as possible. One of these days I'm worried one is going to lash out during one of their arguments and make things violent. I attempt to stay in between them at all costs, but I don't think I would make a good barrier if they decided to attack.

Yoongi has kept his distance for the most part. The only times he talks to me is when he's asking whether I got enough to eat or enough sleep. Other than that, he's been pretty silent around me. It hurts that he does this, but it's probably for the best anyways. If he does have feelings for me, I don't want to accidentally lead him on and have him mistake my friendliness for something else.

Okay, but what if it something else? I squander the thought in anger. Stop, Y/N. It's Jimin you like. Not Yoongi. Jimin.

These thoughts constantly play over and over in my mind. I know that I don't have feelings for Yoongi. Sure, we grew closer and I've confided in him more than I have the others, but that doesn't mean anything. He's like a best friend or a big brother. My feelings for him run no deeper than that.

Right?

|||

"What are we even doing?" Jimin groans for not the first time tonight. "Where are we going?"

"Asking that every ten minutes isn't going to get you a different answer," Yoongi says, rolling his eyes.

Jimin glares at the older boy. "Well you would think someone would come up with something by now. It's been three, almost four days and we haven't gotten any farther than when we started."

"Maybe you should think of something then," Yoongi snaps.

It's Jimin's turn to roll his eyes. "I have," he says. "And I'll say it again if you'd like."

"Think of something else, then," Yoongi says.

"Why though?" Jimin argues. "Why not turn back? There could be other people, children even, out there. Are we really just going to leave them?"