6

"I thought you had said that none of you were able to find your relatives," I ponder as I watch the flames burst to life in the small fire pit outside Jin and Namjoon's home. "Why leave out that his grandfather owns the place?"

Taehyung shrugs. "Not sure," he says. "He's pretty secretive about it even though everyone living here knows it."

"He and his grandfather have never really gotten along," Hoseok adds. "So that's probably why."

"Why don't they get along?" I ask, creasing my eyebrow. If I were him, I would be thrilled that my grandfather was still alive. I would do anything to see him again.

Jimin walks over and takes a seat on the other side of me, a water bottle in his hand. "Yoongi... Has never really agreed with the way his grandfather runs things around here."

I snort. "Why? Is it because camps are pointless? All they do is make people work while the "leader" sits all comfortably in his chair, safe and protected from the outside. Because they know that if the Unliving really wanted to get in and attack, they most definitely could because there's no way in hell that that fence actually works."

"That's... Exactly it, actually," Namjoon says.

I press my lips together. If Yoongi's grandfather is anything like the last camp leader I dealt with, then I definitely don't like him either. But still... Living family is rare.

"Despite that," Jimin begins, "I think Yoongi should appreciate the fact that he even has a living relative. I would kill to see my brother again."

I nod in agreement. The blonde hands me his water and I smile appreciatively before taking a drink. "Another thing I noticed is how closed off he is," I say. "Does that also have to deal with his grandfather?"

Taehyung laughs. "Nah. Hyung has always been like that, even before the disease."

"He's not much of a people person," Jungkook adds. "He prefers being alone most of the time."

I nod. I tend to be that way, too. But at least I'm not rude about it.

"And if he ever comes off as rude," Namjoon says, reading my thoughts. "Don't take it too personally. He's just blunt."

"Yeah," Jimin says, placing an arm around my shoulder. "He's a jerk sometimes, but deep down he's a big softie."

I smile and attempt to picture Yoongi being soft, but nothing comes to mind. Maybe I just need to get to know him better. Though I know that that's impossible seeing that I plan on leaving soon.

I sigh and stare at the fire, the flames dancing around in the large bowl. Jimin's arm is warm around my shoulders and I feel myself leaning into him. Do you really have to leave?

Yes, I answer myself. As great as this all is, I can't possibly stay here. Sure, having some friends and not being alone for once has been nice and all, but let's be real. It's safer out there on my own than it is in here with a bunch of people who could very well catch the virus at any point in time. Then there's also the fact that I won't be sad if someone I care about contracts the disease and dies. Being alone really saves the heartache.

But as I lean against Jimin's arm and close my eyes, I can't help but wonder if staying would actually be worth the pain. Because as much as I like being alone, being with these seven boys has been a much more enjoyable time than constantly having to run for my life.

|||

When I open my eyes again, the sun is shining through a set of blinds and I slowly sit up. I don't remember how I got here, but I'm once again on Yoongi's couch. Someone had taken my shoes off and placed them next to the couch. A blanket is draped over my body but falls to the ground once I sit up.

A door opens and soon Jimin is walking into the room, his blonde hair matted from having just woken up and his eyes sleepy.

"Good morning, Y/N," he says with an adorable smile. "Sleep well?"

I return the smile and stretch my arms above my head. "I slept wonderfully."

"You fell asleep at the campfire last night," he says. "You looked so peaceful that none of us wanted to wake you."

I nod and yawn in response. I definitely have not slept that great in a long time, so I appreciate the sentiment. "Where are you going?" I ask as he turns to leave the trailer.

"Showers," he says. "Want to join?"

My eyes go wide at his sentence. At first, he looks confused before his eyebrows, too, shoot up as he realizes what he just suggested. "I-I didn't mean it like that, I swear," he rushes out. "I meant, do you want to walk with me? Men and women are separated, so it's not like we could if we wanted to and-"

"What are you blabbering about this early in the morning?" Yoongi says as he walks into the room, scratching the back of his head. "If you're leaving, go. You're going to let bugs in."

Jimin's face goes even redder as he looks at the open door. "R-right. See you later, Y/N." Then he leaves, letting the door shut behind him.

Yoongi makes a sound as he walks over to the coffee table. "So annoying," he mutters as he picks up the journal with his name on it.

"What is that?" I ask and he jumps in surprise as if he hadn't realized that I was there.

His brows furrow and he turns around, walking back to his room. "Don't worry about it." He slams his door behind him.

"Someones not a morning person," I grumble and stand up. I leave the trailer and look around in hopes to find a blonde head in the mix of people walking around, but it's no use. Even though Jimin's comment had made me uncomfortable, he hadn't meant it in the way it came out.

Besides, a shower sounds amazing. I just have to find it first.