24

Kyu's men escort our small group to a room a couple of floors below the lab and we all wince at the sound of the door locking the moment they soldier's shut it. Hoseok walks over to the other side of the small room and slides down the wall, his legs going flat in front of him as he closes his eyes and tilts his head up. Namjoon takes a seat next to him and brings his knees to his chest, wrapping his arms around them and his head as he leans forward. Jungkook lets out a small whimper and Taehyung immediately pulls him into a hug, allowing the maknae to cry softly on his shoulder. Jin lets out a large sigh and leans up against the wall next to the door, a distant look his eyes. Jimin attempts to turn the doorknob and lets out a curse.

"So we really are prisoners then," he says, kicking the door. "That's just great." Placing his hands on his hips, he walks over to the corner and sits up against the wall.

Yoongi stands behind me and lightly touches my elbow. "You okay?"

I nod timidly but remain silent. After the events of the day, all I feel is tired. My eyelids are heavy and it takes everything in me to suppress a yawn as I walk over and take a seat next to Namjoon and Hoseok. Everyone stays quiet, nobody really knowing what to say. It seems their lifted spirits were short-lived and it's like we are right back where we started the day we fled from camp. I close my eyes and lean my head back. Not for the first time today I wonder how I got to where I am. All these years of running and surviving had never quite prepared me for something like this.

That's not saying that I could easily make my way out. In fact, my brain has already gone through every escape plan that it could possibly think of; however, none of them involve the seven boys currently in the room with me. There's just too many of us and we would surely get caught if we even thought about trying.

Just leave, Y/N. These boys have brought you nothing but trouble since meeting them. This could finally be your chance. Run now and never look back. I mentally shake my head at the small voice talking to me. I could run now. I could leave without looking back even once, but I know that I can't. I have too much to lose now.

While deep in thought, I must have fallen asleep because when I open my eyes again, I'm laying down with my head resting on Yoongi's lap. The dark haired boy leans back, his own eyes closed as he sleeps. I slowly sit up and look around me to see that everyone has also fallen asleep.

That is, everyone except Jimin.

He still sits in the corner, his eyes pointed at me. My heart instantly aches and I instinctively scoot away from Yoongi, realizing how it might look. Might look? Really? It's exactly as it looks and you really need to stop playing games, Y/N.

I bite my lip and look away from the blonde boy. Eventually, I have to call things off with him. It's not fair to keep him waiting like this even if he already has an idea of where we stand with each other. Swallowing, I slowly stand up and quietly make my way over to him and sit next to him. He doesn't say anything but gives a small smile as he looks down.

"You don't have to say anything, Y/N," he whispers as I open my mouth to speak. "I already know."

A tear rolls down my cheek as I stare at him. "I'm sorry, Jimin."

He looks to me and takes my hand in his. Giving it a squeeze, he leans over and kisses me on the cheek. "It's okay," he says, letting my hand go. "Really. I'll be fine."

I nod and look away. We sit in silence for a moment before I ask, "Now what?"

He sighs and leans his head against the wall once more. "I don't know," he admits. "Try to get out of here, I guess. Though I have no idea how. Min Kyu will probably be keeping a close eye on us."