10

I wake up the next morning to the sun shining through the small window of Jimin's room. The bed is empty next to me, meaning Jimin has already left for the day. I sit up with a sigh, running my hands over my face as I begin to recall what happened last night. I bite my lip as the memory of Jimin kissing me enters my mind and can't help but smile like an idiot.

With a bounce in my step, I climb out of bed and walk over to the closed door. I open it and walk into the living room, my smile falling immediately when I see a stressed Yoongi sitting on the couch.

He looks up when I enter the room, his eyes going wide. "Where have you been?" He exclaims, jumping up. "I woke up and you weren't here. I thought you had left! You-" He walks over to me, his hands on my shoulders. "Don't scare like that, Y/N. For fucks sake."

My eyes go wide at his reaction and I stammer a response. "I-I... I'm sorry. I didn't realize that you... I just couldn't sleep, so Jimin-"

"You came out if Jimin's room," he says, not as a question, but as a realization. He lets go of me and takes a step back. "Of course. I should have known."

The sad look that crosses his features confuses me and I take step forward. "Yoongi-"

He takes a step back and looks away. "It's fine," he says, his voice cold. "At least you didn't go anywhere." I watch as he takes a deep breath and then turns towards the door. After a moment of hesitation, he lets out a small, emotionless laugh before he leaves, slamming the door behind him.

|||

An uncomfortable silence lies over the table today as we eat. I had been the last to arrive, still shaken by Yoongi's outburst from earlier. What had that been all about, anyways? I understand him freaking out over not knowing where I had been, but being upset?

I glance at the empty seat next to me with a small sigh. When I walked up to the table, Jimin had stood and kissed me and pulled me to sit between him and Yoongi. We received a couple shocked looks from the others, but Yoongi jumped from his seat and left. Is he really still upset about this morning?

Finally the bell rings signaling it's time to get to work. Jimin grabs my hand. "Want to come to the lab again?"

I bite my lip and look around. "I think I'll stay here today," I say and he smiles down at me.

"I'll see you later then," he says. He kisses my forehead and then walks off, the other boys following close behind.

"Interesting," a voice says and I jump. I hadn't even realized Taehyung was still here.

"What?"

He frowns, his brow creasing. "Just... You and Jimin is all." He then smiles at me. "Meet me later?"

I smile and shake my head. "Of course." He grins and then skips off. I watch the silver-haired boy disappear, my smile never wavering. Taehyung had technically been my first friend here, so spending time with him later will be nice.

After the meal tent is empty, I stand up and begin gathering trash just like my first day. My eyes search for a certain dark-haired boy, but it appears that I'm alone. I huff and start heading towards the bin outside.

I'm so lost in my own thoughts that I'm not paying any attention to where I'm going. I step outside the tent, running smack into another body. I yelp, falling to the ground as the trash in my arms go flying everywhere. The other body also makes a strangled noise as they go down, their body crushing mine underneath there's.

I look up into Yoongi's eyes, his face inches from mine. His hands are on either side of my head and he looks down at me with surprise. My heart hammers in my chest from both the fall and the closeness. Something flashes behind Yoongi's eyes and they briefly look down at my lips.

His eyes go wide and he quickly launches himself off me. I slowly sit up, my muscles sore from the fall and being crushed under Yoongi's weight. "You know," I start, rubbing my shoulder. "I know you have a thing for scaring me, but this takes it to a new whole level."

"You scared me, too!" Yoongi says, his brow furrowed. "I wasn't expecting you to help me."

I roll my eyes and throw my hand in the air. "Well, you're stuck with me. Now, are you just going to stand there or are you going to help me up."

Yoongi takes my hand and pulls me almost too forcefully. I'm pulled to his chest, once again our faces only inches apart. "I figured you'd go off with your Jimin. I'm sure that job is much easier than this one. If you can even call it that." He scoffs, his eyes squinted as he stares down at me.

My heart feels like it's about to rip itself out of my chest, but I keep my cool and meet the boys glare. "I feel like I'm more useful down here, is all."

He rolls his eyes and steps away. "Right," he says, no longer meeting my eyes. He smiles sadly and then begins to pick up the trash that had gone flying everywhere during the fall. "Let's get to work then."

I watch him for a moment. He walks over to the bin, having already pulled it up the hill. I smile knowing that he probably has done this every day since I first helped him. With a huff, he throws the remaining trash in the bin before turning to me, one eyebrow raised. "What?"

I grin. "Nothing," I say, skipping back into the tent. "Want to see who can pick up the most trash in the least amount of time?"

"You're so strange," I hear him mutter to himself. "You're on."

I giggle as he pushes his way past me, making a rather gleeful noise. We begin rushing around the tent in attempt to be the faster cleaner, arguing who is cleaning faster. At one point he comes up and knocks the pile I had gathered in my hands to the ground and my eyes go wide.

"Hey!" I say and quickly go to my knees to regather it.

He laughs and falls to his knees to help me. "Sorry," he says with a grin. "It was just too tempting."

I glare at him, feigning anger. "You just want an excuse to take what's mine."

He smiles his gummy smile and my heart melts. "You got me." We both stand up, our arms full. We walk back out to the trash can and dump it in it. We lean against it, neither of us saying anything.

"I think I won," he teases after a moment and I swat his arm.

"No way," I exclaim. "You cheated."

He laughs some more as he dodges my hand. I really like this playful side of him. The way he laughs and grins is just way too adorable. I wish it could be like this always.

"Race you to the building?" He says, his eyes dancing.

"You're on." I start to take off, but he grabs my arm, pulling me back. Before I know what's happening, he kisses my cheek, causing both of us to freeze.

I look over to him, his face serious. "Yoongi-"

His grin returns and he nearly shoves me behind him as he takes off. I watch him for a moment, shocked over what just happened. It takes me a bit to process, but eventually my brows crease and my eyes go wide.

"Hey!" I yell after him as I take off running. "Stop cheating!"