20

We all gather around the new member of our party. She sits between Namjoon and I, her face pointed down in shyness. Her hands are clamped around a can of rice as she attempts to not greedily eat every bite as fast as possible. All the boys seem to stare at her in fascination and I can't help but find it amusing. For the time I had known Jennie, she was always admired by everyone around her, her beauty absolutely mesmerizing. It's no wonder that she's got all seven boys entranced.

"So," I say, smiling at the girl. "Where have you been all these years?"

She smiles in appreciation of me breaking the awkward silence. "A little bit of everywhere," she states. "I went and tried to find my family, but unfortunately I came up empty-handed."

"I think we all did," I say sadly. "Have you been alone all this time?"

She shrugs. "For the most part. There are these three other girls that I met a while back that I've been traveling with for a bit now, but we recently parted ways."

"Why's that?" Taehyung pipes up, cocking his head to the side.

Jennie gives a nervous laugh. "We couldn't agree on a destination, so we all just kind of went our own ways. Well, I say that, but really I'm the lone wolf in the situation. They're all still together."

"Where at?" Namjoon asks.

"There's this camp located not too far from here. They all wanted to join it, but personally, I don't want to. I've never been in a camp, but I've heard stories from people I have met and they don't exactly sound like the safest place to be."

All the boys look down sadly, their eyes lost in memory. "Yeah," Jungkook reminiscences, "they really aren't."

Jennie looks around, noticing the shift in mood. She presses her lips together and turns back to me. "So, Y/N. What about you? What have you been doing all this time?"

"Oh, you know," I say shrugging. "I've been on my own for the last couple years. I met these guys a few weeks back and have been with them since."

She nods. "Being alone can get so lonely," she says. "I'm glad you found a group you can stick by."

I look at the seven boys around me and think (not for the first time) how much has changed in such a short amount of time. A month ago I was perfectly content being alone, but after meeting these boys, I can't even imagine being alone ever again.

Jennie finishes the can of beans and she smiles, placing the empty can off to the side. "So, where are you guys headed?"

"Not sure," I admit. "We've just kind of been walking for the last couple days."

"Our camp recently got over-run," Jimin pipes up and I notice a couple of the boys bristle as if there had been a silent agreement to not bring it up.

Jennie's eyes go wide and her hand goes to her mouth. "Oh goodness," she says. "I'm so sorry to hear that."

Jimin shrugs. "It's alright," he says.

"Have you been back since it happened?"

Jimin shakes his head and smiles at the girl. I feel a small wave of jealousy run through me, but I shake it off. It's just a smile, Y/N. "No," he says. "I personally want to go back and see if there's anything left, but everyone keeps saying no."

Jennie pouts a bit and cocks her head to the side. "Well... I mean, if it happened rather recently, it could be slightly dangerous to go back so soon."

"Exactly my point," Yoongi says, pointing a finger at Jennie. "He keeps going on and on about how there might be survivors, but I highly, highly doubt that."