23

After travelling down hallways that all look the same and walking up and down stairs with no sight of the dark haired boy, I finally stop and lean against a wall. I let out a puff of air and tilt my head back, my eyes closed in frustration. Yoongi obviously doesn't want to be found right now, I just hope he was smart enough to stay inside and not take his chances out in the neighborhood.

I slide down the wall, tears pricking the back of my eyes. Since when did things get so fucked up? Since when did everything I know decide to turn upside down and mock me? My mind trails back to the night I tried escaping, when Yoongi caught me and kept me from leaving. You should have just left, Y/N. You should have just left because you wouldn't be in this miss nor would you care.

I sigh as a tear rolls down my cheek. I hate to admit it, but I know that even if I did leave that night, my mind would always ask "what if?" At that point I was already too invested. Hell, I was invested the moment Yoongi and Taehyung pulled me out of that van. Just one look at those two boys and I could no longer picture a life without them. It's like my heart got so tired of be alone that it led me directly to them. Fate can really be a bitch sometimes.

Sighing, I lift the notebook in my hands up so that I can look at the cover. It's an old, spiral notebook, the cover worn from having been opened over and over again. There's paper stuck in the spiral binding, remnants of pages that had been torn out. In perfect writing at the top of the cover is "MIN YOONGI." My thumb trails over each letter, the dark ink fading as if it had been there for a long time.

I bite my lip and look around. I'm alone in this hallway and it's almost too quiet for me to bare, but I ignore that and open the notebook. Based off of Yoongi's reaction when Kyu admitted to having read it, I'm sure the last thing I should be doing is the same; however, I can't help myself. What could possibly be in this that Yoongi doesn't want people to read?

I get my answer the moment I begin reading the first page.

I hate him. I hate that man and everything he stands for. I hate that I'm here... That we're all here. It's my fault, really. I'm the one who led us here. All because I was fooled into thinking that my mother would be here. She's dead though. I knew that, but I didn't want to believe it. She's dead and it's all that old bastards fault.

Now we're stuck here. The others seem content, but that's probably because we're being given special treatment. The poor people here work their asses off and do so much, yet are given so little compared to the ones sitting in that damned building. They don't give a rats ass about the ones out here. If something happens, they'll be safe. If death comes, they'll escape it. Everyone out here is royally screwed.

And to think. He told me he's changed.

My eyes are wide as I read. It seems to be some kind of diary, something that Yoongi has used to get out some frustration. I flip through the pages and it appears that almost all of them are filled from top to bottom, front to back. When I make it to the final entry, I begin to close it but stop when I notice my name is the first word written.

Y/N. Who is she? And why does she make me feel like this? Her confession... What she's been through is the very thing I fear most. It's only a matter of time before we succumb to the same fate.

Why did I have to hold her? Now that's all I'm going to think about. I should have just let her leave. If she doesn't want to stay, why make her? It's her decision. Why does it bother me so much? Gah, why am I like this? Why am I letting her get to me like this? It's been barely two weeks, yet she's all I've been able to think about. The moment I pulled her out of that damn van, my mind has been nowhere else. She's beautiful and smart and I really need to get a grip. There's no way a girl like her would fall for a guy like me.