Chapter 24 ||He is the Boss

Start from the beginning

"How did you know?" She asked me. I told her why I know and then her face suddenly changed. I showed her a 'sorry' smile."This is one of the reasons why I am quitting as well, he doesn't know how to respect my privacy." Naeun stated then the elevator stopped. She smiled at me before hopping off.

As I reached the last stop, I opened my phone and started dialing Hyunjin's number again while walking towards the exit. This time, it took me about three tries before he answered."Where are you? I can't see you, anywhere." I told him. 

"I'll be right there."

He hang up on me, causing me to look at my phone's screen. He should be here, right now. I waited for five minutes until a familiar car finally stopped in front of me. Hyunjin went out and opened the door for me."Hurry up." Hyunjin said.

I nodded, and then sprinted to the passenger's seat. Hyunjin entered the car,"The place we will be going to is far. So, don't waste my time and don't talk." He told me as he accelerated the car to such speed. My hand involuntarily grabbed the handle of the car door because of it.

It was pretty far, just like he said. There were no buildings, all you can see were trees and plants. I was amazed at the beauty of it. There is no doubt why Hayoung would like to come to this place. I saw a glimpse of a cabin between the trees. Hyunjin parked the car, and went out.

I hopped off the car, catching up with him. We were following a trail."Why don't you stay outside? I'll need to talk to her, privately." Hyunjin requested before opening the door of the cabin. I nodded, sitting on the low staircase in front of the dock. I leaped in shock as I heard the loud thud of the door.

"Everything will be fine."I said as I looked at the sky. The sun will set, soon. I looked around the tall trees and started regretting staying outside. It's getting dark, I hate the darkness. I stood up and then walked towards the door. I might bother them.

15 minutes only passed but it looks already dark. What are they even doing inside? I looked at my phone, two bars. The signal is not that good here. I quickly dialed Mark's number," Pick up, please." I muttered. He didn't answer."Why won't you answer?" I asked my phone.

I don't want to wait, anymore. I opened the door but it was locked. Come on! Why do they need to lock it? There must be another door, right? I looked at the way I need to go to see the back of the cabin. My phone suddenly ringed, Mark! I answered."I have been calling you but you were out of service. Are you at the cabin?"He asked, there is a hint of anger in his voice.

"Y-Yeah. I am all alone, where are you?" I asked him on the other line of the call, trembling. Mark ended the call, after telling me to stay at where I am. I sat on the floor and leaned my back on the door. I hugged my knees, hoping that Mark would arrive. I heard the sound of the rustling bushes, causing me to close my eyes."Where is he?" I whispered to myself.

"Chorong!" I heard Mark's voice and without hesitation, I stood up and then run towards him. The flashlight shined through my eyes but It didn't bother me on reaching towards him. I hugged him as tight as I can while burying my face on his chest.

I am crying like a baby, is probably what he is thinking right now."I am.. glad you came. I am scared, really scared. I don't know what to do. The door is locked and I can't get in. Everything is dark, I can't even see anything anymore. I wanna go home...I wanna go home." I told him.

Mark hugged me back, comforting me."Everything is fine, now." He assured, while caressing my hair. I even cried more, knowing that someone is with me."This is the second time you cried, you are making me feel bad." He said, pushing me away from him gently.

"Hayoung.."I muttered.

"Why did you even come here? You were making it worse. You do know they are fighting because of you? I'll leave you at the car, then I'll go find Hayoung and Hyunjin." Mark said, grabbing my wrist but I pulled it away."What?"

I hold his wrist then,"I'll come with you."I stated, making him sigh in defeat. He started walking then I follow him. It was a bad idea to even think that I wanted to see Hayoung. I don't feel scared, anymore. As long as I am with Mark, I am okay."I am sorry."I mumbled, looking at his face.

"You should be."

I stared at Mark's back."Aren't you busy?" I asked him, sincerely. He didn't reply, this silence is killing me. I looked around and I couldn't see a single thing. My eyes landed on Mark's free hand, then shook my head. What was I thinking? I hugged myself since it's getting cold.

Mark stopped then turn around."Here." He said, taking off his coat then gave it to me. I wanted to decline since he is wearing such a thin cloth underneath it but he wrapped it around my shoulders."We are almost there. They are probably at the beach."Mark stated.

I followed him, still looking at his free hand. My heartbeat is beating so fast, realizing I am wearing his coat. I smiled. I saw a body of water from afar, it means we are finally getting out of the woods. When we reached the beach, we both saw Hayoung and Hyunjin already reconciled. Well, kissing.

The next thing I know, someone covered my eyes."What are you doing?" I asked him.

"You want to watch?"

I was taken back by what he said. I grabbed his hand then took it off."What do you mean when you said, it wasn't the first time this happened?" I asked, looking at him. He stared at me for a while then started leaning towards me. My body froze. What is he doing?

Before his lips landed on mine,"I'll tell you, later."He said, flustered by his own action. I nodded, looking away. We both stood there with the awkwardness surrounding us. I took off the coat and gave it to him, realizing he might get cold."No, you take it." He said.

"Just take it. I don't need it." I stated.

Mark glared at me, causing me to stop giving his coat back to him."When I told you to wear it, you wear it." He told me. His bossy side is starting to show. I pulled his necktie, involuntary then tip toed. Wait, what am I supposed to do next? I closed my eyes then slowly reached for his lips.

"Leave me alone!"We both heard Hayoung's voice.I was pushed back by force, causing me to fall on my back. I glared at Mark who looked worried at me. What was I thinking trying to kiss this guy? and, was that Hayoung's voice?

__________________________

~what's happening to the both of them?

~thanks for reading another chapter💕luvlys