Chapter 19

Tatiana POV

Hearing someone howling outside my parents and I ran for the door. Once outside we found Darren doubled over with blood leaking from his nose and all over the front of his plaid button up shirt.

"What the hell happened out here," I screamed at them.

"Tatiana watch your mouth." my mom screamed at me.

"Sorry Mom. What is going on," I screamed once again.

"Your boy- friend hit Darren," screamed Emeka. "I think he needs to leave."

I could hear Corbin growling behind me making my insides churn.

"No way these want-to-be thugs called themselves threatening me," he exclaimed.

"Thugs?! Corbin how dare you," I screamed at him.

"What? You think I would wait outside just to confront your brothers," he asked incredulously. 

"No I don't think that," I told him walking towards Darren.

"D what are you guys trying to prove," I asked my brother.

"We're not trying to prove shit.."

"Language," screamed my mother.

"Your so called man broke my nose and your taking his side over mine," he eyed me with disgust. I was instantly hurt and taken back he had never treated me like this before.

"You're nothing but a da..rn traitor. All these successful black men and you go out

and get a damn white boy," Darren screamed at me.

"Really? Thats how you're going to play me Darren? I've seen you cozy up to plenty of white girls and women over the years, how can you be so hypocritical," I asked him wanting to punch him in the nose my damn self.

"That was just for benefit of fu..playing. Not wifing them up. Thats in reserve from my African Queen. You should be ashamed of your damn self," he continued scream.

"Emeka make him stop this foolishness," I spoke to my oldest brother almost in tears. He could usually calm Darren down when he was acting irrational.

"I'm sorry, Baby, but I'm with him on this one. I don't like this at all," he spoke softly.

I could feel the tears dropping from eyes onto my cheeks and down to the ground. I slowly turned and walked to Corbin.

"Corbin I'm sorry but I need some time with my family. I think you should go to your pa- I mean to a hotel until..

"I'm not going anywhere Tatiana. You're mine damn it. I have to leave because they're uncomfortable with our relationship," he screamed almost in a roar.

"Corbin I need to deal with my family. Its very hard to just choose you over my brothers. I just knew this was going to happen and right now I have to choose them," I told him while holding onto his arms almost begging him to understand me.

"I'm not happy about this Luna. Not happy at all," he stated turning away from me. I felt like my heart was breaking watching him get back into the car and pull out of the driveway.

I looked down and his phone was smashed on the ground. I had no way of contacting him. I looked up at my brothers and shook my head before running into the house and into my old room that now had been completely remodeled. 

After about five minutes I heard a soft tap at the door.

"Come in," I whispered. My Dad walked through the door holding some kleenex and some frozen yogurt.