Chapter 9

Corbin POV

 I stood in shock as I watched Tatiana run away from me. My wolf howled at me to chase after her but I continued to watch her until her she disappeared from sight. I would see her again she was my other half and I knew that her heart once I declared her my mate would always bring her back to me. I knew that she needed time to digest what just happened here.

 I quickly put my clothes back on and headed in the direction of my car.

Tatiana POV

 I let out a sigh of relief when I realized that Corbin or that wolf wasn't following me. I couldn't fucking believe what I just saw. Did this man just really turn into a damn wolf right in front of my eyes. I mean this is some shit straight off the big screen. No there has to be a logical explanation for this. Maybe he dropped something in my wine when I turned my head? LSD? Roofie? Hell I don't know! I slowed down to a fast paced walk. My Jimmy Choo's were definitely not the shoes to be sprinting in but you would have thought Jackie Joyner Kersee was running through those woods with how fast I was moving.

 Now here I am in the dark woods with no purse and no phone. How the hell am I supposed to get home. As I'm walking I can see a clearing and what looks like the road. Good I'll just walk until I get to something or someone. Hoping I'll come across a gas station, town, or a house along the way, it was wishful thinking though because I hadn't seen any of those things on the way here. Damn it Corbin brought me out here in the middle of nowhere to scare the shit out me and leave me stranded. Well I guess I did that last part to myself but what the hell was he thinking that I would fall magically in love when he turned into that big no no HUGE ass wolf. No way! I'm shaking like a damn leaf right now with just the thought of him standing so close to me. I don't even like chihuahuas for God's sake. 

 As I continue to walk I see some lights approaching from behind me I turn around to be greeted by the black on black Ferrari GTB. It comes to stop beside me and he opens and gets out. 

"Tatiana please listen to me. I know that this seems crazy and maybe hard for you to believe but I am not going anywhere. You are mine and we will be together," he said watching me through narrowed eyes. 

 "No I can't deal with this how is this possible that a man can turn into a wolf?" I asked shaking my head in denial. "How do you expect me to react to this? I can't just act as though it didn't happen and run into your arms. YOU TURNED INTO A BIG ASS WOLF!" He slowly walked closer to me and although I was petrified I couldn't move because the look he had on his face made my pulse quicken. Sexy son of a bitch. 

Laughter filled the air and shook me from my wandering thoughts he was laughing at me. O shit I forgot about the mind reading thing. 

"Thanks for the compliment, Baby. Are we going to stand out here all night or can we get in the car and I'll drive you home?" he asked me. I contemplated just getting my purse and phone out of his car and calling a cab but I decided to take him up on the offer. Call me crazy I know. I nodded and started walking towards the passenger side and he followed close beside me and opened the door for me. With a quick glimpse at him I noticed that he has a smirk on his face and I couldn't help but think that that was the smirk of a wolf sneaking up on a unsuspecting sheep.