ROUND ONE: RESULTS (S2)

*You wait anxiously in your quarters as the hour's pass. You know that you have done your very best, and it comes down to the fancy of the crowds.

You hear a scream come from down the hall and immediately you're on your feet and looking out the window. You see shadows cast on the far wall by torches, another scream echoing through the chamber. You grab your sword and start off after the shadows, trying as best you can to not make any noise.

You finally come to a corner and risk a glance. Peering around, you see a group of contestants being herded by guards towards a dark opening that you don't recall being there earlier. You pause for a moment, wondering if you should intervene or not. You quickly decide that whatever those guards have planned, it isn't good.

You jump from behind cover, charging the guards who quickly shove the others into the hole. Feänor, Eldarion, and Kili begin to fight them off but are quickly cut down without their weapons. Three guards attack you and almost manage to overwhelm you before you catch one between the ribs with the point of your sword.

The other guards have disappeared with the rest of the contestants aside from one, who is using the chain that bound his wrist as a whip. The other guards fall quickly between you two, and as the last one dies you heard the sound of the signal horn blowing. The results are in.

You look at the fallen and realize that there is no time to bury them properly. You decide that you will speak to the host as soon as possible. The other contestants and yourself hurry off towards the area to see what the results are, but you have a feeling you already know.*

***********************************************

*You reach the arena where there is a new scroll on the front gate that lists everyone who made it through to the next round. As you suspected, the ones you saw being led away are not among the names listed.*

MOVING ON TO ROUND TWO:

1) Maedhros

2) Gimli

3) Legolas

4) Tauriel

5) Èowyn

6) Luthien

7) Morwen

8) Thuringwethil

9) Boromir

10) Bilbo

11) Haleth

12) Morgoth

*You are surprised by the count since there are two more people than there should be. You have many questions to bring before the host, and you hope you will see him soon. Until then, you keep to yourself and ponder on the things that have taken place.*

**********************************************

We've come to the end of the first round, and I want to thank you all so much for an AMAZING round. I'm still putting the aloe on my secondhand burns I got *whew* That was nuts!

To those who did not make it, thank you SO MUCH for participating! Please consider coming back next season to battle it out :D