Rules and Info

Greetings one and all to the Epic Battles of Middle Earth! The place where you can show off your awesome rap, rhyme, and poetry skillz (we spell it with a 'z' because that makes it cool).

Info

1.) There will be many characters to choose from, ranging from the First Age to the Fourth Age. I recommend you look them up, because reasons.

2.) To set the mood, a place will be given. For example, Gandalf and Azog are having their showdown in Gondolin (places will not match up with the Ages these characters are found in, just to spice it up.) I will choose the location once all characters are chosen.

3.) Two people will choose who they want to play from the list. I will be looking at the time stamps on each one to determine who will get that character. If you don't get the one you want this time, there's always next time :)

4.) Once all of the characters have been selected Round One will begin and players are locked in with their characters until the end and there is only one winner.

5.) The winners of each round will then be paired up and another round will begin.

6.) Each person will get 5 posts, then it's over. This really isn't much when you think about it, so don't waste them. You will be going for votes, so make it count.

7.) After both parties have done their respective posts it will be sent over to the readers to vote for who they think outperformed the other. There will be a comment thread for each person. After 24hrs the voting will be closed and the winners announced.

8.) This will continue until there is only one winner, then the prizes will be handed out!

Rules

1.) No bashing the player on a personal level. Anyone found doing this will be disqualified. You may, however, poke fun at the character, i.e. If Gandalf were facing off against Azog then he could make a joke about him living in his mom's basement, hence the reason he's white.

2.) The rap, rhyme, or poetry that you do MUST be clean! No swearing, sexual references, or any other mature things. This will also get you disqualified.

3.) Here is what the minimum requirement for a post looks like:

This is all you have to do

To make it in the contest

Showing up others who

Are trying to be the best

The person who goes first will have a slight advantage in that they kind of set the tone for their opponent. My only ask is that whatever it is you do is not Beowolfish in length haha

4.) Have fun! Yes, this is a contest, but it's meant for fun! Don't be a poor sport if you're not chosen as the victor since you'll have another go at it in another contest.

Alright, guys, that's all there is to it! So tell me, who's ready?