ROUND ONE: BATTLES (S2)

*You hear the clanging of a bell coming from the arena. The time has finally come. You've readied yourself for this moment, now it's time to put those skills to use.

You head towards the area, looking for your partner along the way and finally find them already there waiting for you. You greet them and head in, passing through a large tunnel before reaching the center of the stone arena.

Your jaw drops as you hear the thunderous roar of the crowds seated in the arena. You've never seen anything quite like this before, and you get a strange feeling in the pit of your stomach.*

"Greetings, and welcome to the first Battle Round!" *I stand on a raised platform at one end of the arena beneath a golden dais.* "I hope you have found your partners to your satisfaction, because you'll be fighting together to surv- I mean, to win the round. Contestants, take your positions and -"

*A ruckus from the gate behind you causes you to turn to see a large man, wearing the emblem of Gondor, and a horn at his hip. You know him to be Boromir of Gondor*

*I narrow my eyes at this newcomer* "To what do we owe the pleasure, Boromir, son of Denethor, Lord of the White Tower?"

"I have come on behalf of Beorn. Something about dwarves locking themselves in his house."

"Indeed," I say. "Well then, welcome."

*You hear the lack of sincerity in my voice and a nagging thought takes root at the back of your mind. You quickly put it aside as everyone takes up their positions. The battles are about to begin.*

**************************

Here is how the format is going to work for this 2v2 round:

The first player from each team will go first, and I will select which of them will make the first blow.

Example:

Maedhros and Morgoth

vs

Fëanor and Gimli

If I choose Maedhros to go first, he will post first. Followed by Fëanor, then Morgoth, then Gimli. After that, the pattern repeats.

Each of you will get three (3) posts and four (4) days to post them. 8pm Thursday 7/26 will be the cutoff.

Once the cutoff happens no posting can take place because it will head to the voters. Now, here's the important part:

YOU ARE NOT VOTING BASED ON TEAM, RATHER, WHO DID THE BEST JOB IN THE ROUND. MEANING, TWO PEOPLE FROM EVERY TEAM WILL BE CUT.

If you have any questions about this, please address it in the Questions Thread in the comments.

You will find your team battle threads in the comments, that is where you will be posting.

Good luck and have fun!