Study ~ Request

"I. Give. Up."
Picking up the textbook that sat open on my desk I threw it (YEET) across the room. I crossed my legs and arms as I stared out the window.
"Stupid book thinking it knows everything"
I heard the door creak open but I chose not to move.
"I'm guessing the studying is not going to well..." Namjoon sighed as he walked over to my desk.
"Go to college Lani. It will be fun Lani. Well let me tell you it's not fun and Lani wants to quit"
I heard a little chuckle come from his mouth as he placed his hands on my shoulders.
"If you give up what will you do instead"
"...I don't know... watch dramas. That can be a job right?"
I felt him remove his hands as he walked away only to come back and place the textbook in front of me.
"Finish 3 pages and then watch one episode of your drama." I nodded my head as he opened the book to another page of algebra.
Placing my glasses back on I picked up my pencil ready to start studying again.
As the door shut I dropped my pencil again and sighed.
"I hate maths"

(Mood)

***

Checking my phone I saw it was 2 am and I had finally finished not 3 pages but 2 I let out a yawn and as I did I realised I had a message on my phone from Namjoon 2 hours ago.

Joon 🧠:

🧠: I'm going to sleep
but Yoongi just came in
and brought you
chicken nuggets.

🧠: As your tutor
I need you to eat and
go to sleep.

"Oh.... a bit late. But I could do with some food" I mumbled as I patted my growling belly. I placed my earphones in and took my phone as I went to the kitchen where I saw the bag on the side.

The beautiful brown crinkle bag that had the Golden Arches logo on glowed as I got closer.
Almost as if it was my true love
I opened the bag to see the 20 chicken nuggets box laying peacefully.
I rarely had cold chicken nuggets mostly because they never had the chance to get cold but there was something about them being cold that I secretly loved.
Taking a seat at the breakfast bar I started to munch.

As I sat in a daze eating I did not notice the presence that sat next to me until they coughed. I snapped out of my daydream and looked to see Yoongi seating peacefully in his joggers and hoodie next to me. "You are only just eating your food?" I nodded as I leant into him. "Have you finished your studying?" I nodded my head as I weakly lifted the nugget into my mouth.
As I went to pick up the next nugget He quickly swooped in and picked one up.
"I will feed you, just rest"
I nodded as he placed some of the nug in my mouth.

"Why did you chose to study maths at college?"
I waited until I had finished chewing my food to speak.
"Because it was the only thing I was good at"
"But you hate it?"
"I don't"
I waited with my mouth open for the next nugget but it didn't come. Lifting my head up off of his shoulder I pouted and looked at him.
"Lani you hate it. I have watched you study enough times to know you hate it."
"Even if I do hate it, there's not much I can do about it now"
"Do something you love"
"Well I love you"
I smirked at him as he rolled his eyes.
"Even when you've had no sleep, you still manage to make those type of comments. How?"
"I don't know. I just sorta say them, now feed me please"
"You already ate them all"
I looked at him in shock then down to the empty box.
"How? Why? What?"
He smiled at my confusion and watched carefully as I looked in the bag hoping that one had fallen out.
"Princess you need to study something you love"
"Well can I study you then?"
"You already have an A* in that"
"Yassss I'm good at something"
We both joked around for a bit until we realised that it was late.
"I need to sleep otherwise Namjoon is going to murder me"
"When is your final test?"
"2 days"
"In two days this will all be other and we can work on something you love"
"Or I could work on-"
"Bed" he interrupted I sighed as I grabbed my phone and shuffled back to my room.
"At least my bed wants me"

***

Walking back into the apartment I pulled my sunglasses and mask off and let out a sigh of relief
"I actually did it" it didn't take long for me to hear Hobi screaming so I ran towards the noise
(That's how Lani would die in a horror (joke she would die with Yoongi cause they to lazy to fight))
I ran into the practise room to see Hobi stood on a chair screaming at a fake spider.
"It's fake Hobi"
"I SAW IT MOVE"
I rolled my eyes as I went to pick it up
"Look it's fa- OMG ITS REAL. WHY HAS IT GOT SO MANY EYES" I quickly stood up on a chair next to Hobi.
"JUNGKOOOOOOOOK" we both screamed, he quickly ran in still holding his game controller and looked around confused.
"What?"
We both pointed to the monster crawling on the floor and he sighed.
"Ironman to the rescue!"
He quickly charged at it making it run away and closer to me and Hobi making us run out of the room. As we did that we bumped into Namjoon and Yoongi who looked at us confused.
"What's wrong?" Namjoon asked as we both did our best to explain whilst out of breath.
"Ohhhh there was a spider," Yoongi said patting my back.
"Anyway, how did the exam go?!" Namjoon asked
"Wellll I think I passed. Maybe. I'm not sure. Probably a fail"
"I'm sure you are overthinking it" Namjoon smiled as he walked into the practise room.
"That bad?" Yoongi raised an eyebrow, I nodded making him pull me into a hug.
"Well, I have good news!"
"Really?"
"Yep. You always ask me questions when I'm producing and when I let you have my studio to work in you always end up making something cool for me to work with".
"Where are you going with this?"
"Turns out you just got a scholarship into the best music school ever"
"I did?"
"Yep. It's called the Genius Lab" he smiled satisfied with himself.
"You. Want to teach me?"
He nodded making me smile.
"Yep. So are you going to accept because I know a lot of people who want to study here"
I pretended to this about it before nodding my head.
"Great, first lesson starts now. I heard the teacher is very handsome"

"Oh is Jin teaching me?"
He glared at me as I laughed.
"I'm kidding you're more handsome"

Jin:

———

Author note:

HELLO
Just a quick message to say if you have fan art (this includes of Lani, which is pretty awesome by the way to see how you guys picture her) please send it to me via Instagram because it means I can shout you out and save it easier
Thank youuuuuu
💜

Instagram: lucyyxxjones