Chapter 32 - Bringing darkness from above

Bringing darkness from above

Sounds of hysteria melted with the thumps of Liam’s heartbeat in his ears, he could just hear his name on the wind as Jennifer screamed. He was glad she had been out of harms way, the thought of anything happening to her and the baby left him reeling. Yet he didn’t go to her, his body was moving without thought towards the haze of dust on his left. His voice was hoarse, he coughed up blood and dust as he pulled his body with all his strength. I can feel my legs, thank God I can feel my legs

Jennifer was crying, if it weren’t for Niall holding her up she would have fallen to her knees in complete shock. One moment they were all bickering like school students and the next their world had been turned upside down. Jennifer was complaining that she needed to go to the bathroom, Niall was just glaring at them all. Liam could only imagine how Louis was feeling, they were all angry with him, even Harry. Now, it was a complete mess. 

He’d gotten out of the car to apologise to Porter, never in his wildest dreams did he think there was a time limit for his apology. Liam pulled himself onto his feet and wobbled, his head was throbbing. The world was spinning on a very large axis, he gasped trying to find his breath and to his left Dakota was laying motionless on the ground. How did this happen?

“Liam,” Jennifer screamed, there was a sob in her voice and he wanted to go to her. Soon

He stopped and turned to her, his eyes met hers and he waved a hand. “I’m okay,” he called, coughing the dirt in his throat. 

“Promise me?” She replied. 

“I promise, Jen,” he called. “I promise I’m okay!”

She pursed her lips and nodded, turning to put her face in Niall’s chest. Niall was standing, blank expression on his face and Liam followed his eyes to Dakota. 

There was blood sticking to her hairline and dripping out of her nose, he went to help her but saw Harry roll over. Harry was shaking her gently, talking to her but his words didn’t register to Liam. He was relieved the moment he saw Harry sit up, animated and alive. Thank you. Harry was covered in dirt and some blood but for the most part he was alive, then Louis was at his side. His hands frantically touching every inch of Harry. 

“I’m okay,” Harry began. 

Louis was hysterical, he was shaking and hiccuping, “Harry, Harry I’m so sorry–“

“I’m okay,” Harry grabbed his wrists, holding them tight. He met Louis eyes, “I’m okay, baby.”

Louis burst into tears, but instead of falling into Harry’s arms he looked down at Dakota. 

She opened her eyes groaning, Liam heard Niall let out a loud sigh of relief. “Zayn?” Dakota screamed, “Zayn?”

“I’m here,” he coughed standing up and dusting himself off. 

Dakota shot up, “Porter!” She screamed, the sound made Liam’s blood run cold. “Porter, he–“

Zayn was running, he stopped dead in his tracks and Liam noted the way his eyes met Dakota’s, as if exchanging some secret message. She whispered something under her breath but instead of screaming she pulled her knee’s to her face. She shook her head from side to side tears streaking her face and she hid her eyes from them all. Zayn was by her side, whispering and shaking but she said nothing. What the hell is going on?

“He’ll be okay,” Harry whispered. 

“It’s too late,” Dakota hiccupped. 

“You don’t know that it–“ Louis started.