Chapter 1 - I can't look at you

Want backgrounds on characters, short stories, confessions? Head to the official Modest Series tumblr where you can find out more about your favourite characters or even confess things! :) http://modest-series.tumblr.com/

‘I’m Not Alone’ - Calvin Harris

‘I Love It’ - Sneaky Sound System

I can’t look at you

Morning After Bachelor Party - 6.00 a.m

The sun shot between the split in the heavy black curtains and burned Niall’s face, he snored loudly with his arms draped over the soft body of a woman next to him. He rolled over and pulled her closer, his naked body moulding against hers perfectly beneath the blood red sheets that twisted around their sleeping limbs. He slept soundly, his face buried in the crook of her neck and cheek pressed against her shoulder. 

The world passed idly by, the hotel room was completely trashed. Clothes and liquor bottles littered the floor as the chaos of one big night came to a very orgasmic end. Niall snored, the scent of her perfume filled his nostrils as the streak of sunlight shone on his bare back. 

Harry and Louis’ bucks night went from one extreme to another, all separated by four a.m and, with the exception of Harry, drunk out of their minds. Niall had a tattoo, Liam’s hair was blue and Zayn had shaved half of his head. Porter had his belongings stolen from a stripper and Louis wound up in cuffs after running naked down the Hollywood Boulevard and jumping into Oprah Winfrey’s swimming pool. Harry got into a fist fight with Justin Bieber and wound up with two black eyes, the tab alone for the amount of alcohol consumed ran in the thousands. 

But it was the best night ever.

Until Niall woke up…

Niall’s head was throbbing and he rolled out of the bed, crawling with eyes barely open on all fours into the bathroom. He was stark naked as he clutched onto the porcelain toilet and began to throw up. “Mercy,” he panted with watering eyes. 

He groaned after fifteen minutes of throwing up blue vodka into the toilet, his stomach gurgled and he could hardly keep his eyes open. His head was throbbing, it was the worst hangover he had ever experienced. 

Mind throbbing, body aching he covered his eyes as he stumbled back into bed and fell under the covers. Eyes closed he began to drift back to a dreamless sleep, his hands found the warm, soft body in the bed and he began to stroke her back. Then he pulled her close and smiled as he closed his eyes, her hair trailed onto the pillow behind her. Then Niall blinked, her hair was long.

He opened his eyes and was speechless, one of his hands was comfortably on her breast and then he froze. He blinked a few more times and mouthed, ‘no.’ It couldn’t be… how the fuck did… oh fuck.

As slowly as possible, with his mind now racing Niall was wide awake and frighteningly aware of the woman in his bed. It wasn’t Quinn, his not so serious, serious girlfriend. 

It was Dakota Fox.

A year ago she was his enemy, he hated her more then he had ever hated anyone. He cursed her existence and was silently relieved when she died, then she became this living, breathing human with a beautiful body and feelings. She helped him, held him and somewhere along the way lines were crossed. 

Niall didn’t harbour feelings for her, he was with Quinn but now he was looking at the Dakota he loved to hate as she slept soundlessly in the hotel bed. He looked at his hands, he looked back at her and as she rolled over still sound asleep the sheet slithered back to reveal her soft, round breasts.