Chapter 6 - Had A Bit Too Much To Drink, Say Hello

Modest Secrets is being adapted and re-edited for the Ebook shelves in roughly a fortnight. There is additional content, more secrets and even more fun to be had. Name changes, Band change and Management changes mean there's an even bigger, better BOOK 1. Go back to where it all started, presales will be in two weeks. I am working my ass off to get this ready for you lovelies, if you love THIS series then you won't be disappointed. All my love, enjoy this chapter!!

Have a little bit too much to drink, say hello

Three Weeks Earlier, London

Louis and Harry are dancing on the kitchen counter as Liam films them singing a very drunken love ballad into the Karaoke microphone. Zayn is on a bean bag laughing as he tries to cover his ears, Louis is wearing oversized black sunglasses, Dakota’s and red lipstick.

Porter retreated to the office when the lawyer showed up with Harry’s release papers. 

Although his ordeal in ‘rehab’ was still lingering in the background the boys had all agreed to shove it aside for one night of celebration. Balloons floated through the air and hung in the hundreds covering every inch of the ceiling, Louis said ‘yes,’ and tonight, that’s all that mattered. 

Harry is leaning on Louis as he sings Beyonce´ loudly, Jennifer is laying on the couch singing along as she waves her hands in the air. She is far too pregnant and swollen to be dancing for long periods of time. Her cheeks are flushed red as she laughs when Harry misses a note and scrunches up his face.

Liam holds the camera steady as he hands it to Zayn and dives onto the couch and smothers Jennifer in kisses. He talks to her in soft tones and Niall can’t hear what he’s saying. But the look on her face tells Niall just how in love the two are. He leans against the counter as he sips his ‘soda.’ They agreed no alcohol for Harry but most of them had flasks of vodka in their back pockets, it was a party after all. 

Niall ran a hand through his hair, the blonde was growing out and thick brown roots were growing out. He watched Jennifer, as she talked to Liam her hands always trailed over his arms, her lips pressed to his. Niall noticed how, when they were together Jennifer and Liam were always touching in one way or another. Like constant magnets gravitating to the other, Jennifer’s forehead was pressed to Liam’s.

Niall cocked his head to the side as he smiled at them absently and watched. Their fingers were interlaced and she giggled as he spoke, the undeniable love in their eyes was beautiful but it made Niall envious. 

The envy caught him off guard and he frowned as he watched them, Liam kissed her stomach and she played mindlessly with his messy hair. Since when do I give a shit about couples? Niall looked down at his drink and with a shake of his head poured another, heavy on the vodka. 

Louis was laying on the counter, he threw his microphone aside and it clattered to the ground. Louis’ cheeks were flushed red and perspiration caused his hair to stick to his forehead. He was drunk and he was happy, beyond happy. Harry stopped singing as he dropped his microphone and lowered himself on top of Louis.

They were this diabolical couple with so much love and passion that it often overwhelmed Niall to watch them, almost inseparable without the other. Niall had seen Harry fall apart after Louis left, it made tonight’s proposal even more exciting. After all the pain, jealousy, heartache and mistakes Louis was now kissing Harry’s scars as they playfully made out on Zayn’s granite bench top. 

It was bittersweet but as Niall watched the two begin to lose themselves in each other he found there was some empty hole in his chest. Indigestion?