Chapter 8 - You know exactly what you did

You know exactly what you did

There was tension in the air, Porter glared at Harry who glared straight back and Louis' jaw dropped at Harry's sudden tenacity. 

“Harry!” Louis barked. 

Porter’s eyebrows rose, “Seriously?”

Harry nodded, “What?” He shrugged at Louis, “I am being serious.”

Louis grabbed Harry’s hand, “It’s none of your business.”

“Dakota is my business,” Harry growled as he glared at Louis. “You don’t like her,” he waved a hand at Louis. Harry turned to Porter, “You don’t either,” He spat. “Why should I shut up?”

“Because,” Porter sighed, “I should tell her.”

“So, why wasn’t she in your room when you woke up?” Harry asked in a matter-of-fact tone.

Louis snatched the cigarette from Harry’s hand and shook his head, “Can we ever have a fucking moment when we’re not talking about her?”

“Louis!” Harry groaned, “Stop it.”

Porter was silent, he kicked some gravel around at his feet with his hands in his pockets. 

“No,” Louis sucked on the cigarette with a scowl. “Why should I?”

“Because–“

“She gave you Heroin,” Louis spat. “The same heroin that Logan stuck in his vein before he–“

Harry’s face twisted, he visible flinched at Louis and snarled, “Don’t.”

Louis sighed, “I didn’t mean–“

“Just stop,” Harry growled. “Leave Logan out of this,” Harry fumbled with the cross necklace at his throat. Logan’s necklace that Dakota had given to him from the bag of Logan’s belongings at the Medical Examiner’s office. Niall hadn’t the stomach to open the bag on his own and Dakota sat with him as they went through his things. It wasn’t easy to be given the silver cross but now Harry cherished it. He ran his fingers over the cold sterling silver as he glared at Louis, warning him not to bring Logan up again.

“I’m not trying to upset you,” Louis sighed stepping closer and he took Harry’s free hand in his own. He squeezed it tightly, “I just want you to see, she’s a viper.”

“We’re all she’s got,” Harry replied. 

Porter stilled as he listened to them, the guilt was evidence on his face as it paled. Louis knew Porter was wracked with guilt, Louis wanted to say something reassuring but he didn’t know what. He turned back to Harry, “She’s got issues.”

Harry dropped his hand, “Give her a chance.”

“I did, she gave you drugs when she swore she was trying to help you,” Louis said bitterly, the memory of finding out it was her drugs made him feel sick to his stomach. 

“I threatened her,” Harry snapped. 

“Harry–“ Louis softened. 

“I love her,” Harry admitted, he searched Louis eyes. “Please.”

“Fine,” Louis groaned, “Bring on the drama!” He called as he threw his arms into the air.

“You need to give her a chance!”

“Never,” Louis frowned, “Going to happen.”

A second black SUV pulled up and the conversation dissipated, Louis turned to see who was here but he could feel Harry’s bitter glare boring into the side of his head. Liam jumped out of the car, his hair still bright blue and Louis stifled a gasp when he saw him.